7

"Run!" Ayaka called out before grabbing Renjun by the wrist and sprinting off with him. They could care less about the bags at this point, they just wanted to be alive by tomorrow.

Haewon was frozen in place. "Let's jet!" Donghyuck said to her before pulling her in a random direction, carrying her tiny bag with them.

The two ran for what felt like hours, although it was only ten minutes. The spirit seemed to be targeting them.

The two found an abandoned house along the way, it was dark and the doors seemed to lock. Donghyuck decided it was good enough.

He pushed Haewon inside and hurriedly locked the door behind the both of them. "Quick, I think that's either a basement or closet! Just hide!" He whispered to her.

Before Haewon could even react, he had pulled her into the room. It was a closet. He knew it. He should have led her down the other door. This closet was so small, it would be easy to get them.

But that's not what the ghost had thought.

They heard nothing after the slamming of a door on the opposite side of the house. Until they heard a sudden click!

"Fuck!" Haewon said under her breath. "Did we just get locked in?"

Donghyuck's tried to open the door. "Yep. This ghost sure has a funny way of hunting us down."

"It's probably leaving us here so it can find Chinaboy and Gigi all the while knowing we'll still be here," Haewon said.

Smart girl, Donghyuck thought to himself. Even in a time of crisis, he could always count on his stupid heart to make him blush at her.

He had made a decision. If they spent another ten minutes in here without being able to escape, he'd do one of the bravest things of his life.

He beat onto the door, tried to use spare items, racks, shelves, brooms, whatever he could in order to break open the door. He had even used a metal tool to try and break off the doorknob.

After ten minutes, he had decided it; if they were to die in that room, he was gonna do it the right way.

"Nocky," he said, using the special nickname he had given her when they were eight (and also the codename), "the universe sure has a funny way of doing things. But, chaotic times bring people together in ways nobody ever expected."

She looked at him kind of funny, and it made him question whether he should continue or not.

"You see, what I'm getting at is, uh, if, um, these are our last hours alive, I wanna spend them with you, kinda."

She looked lost. Then she looked at him in realization.

"What I'm asking- or saying, is, uh, I really, really, really fucking like you. Like, really fucking like you. And if I'm gonna have a fifty percent or more chance of dying tonight, I wanna do it as either someone who confessed to the love of their life, but was rejected, or as someone who began a relationship with the love of their life."

She shook her head. "And you tell me this when you think we're gonna die?"

He nodded his head. "I was gonna tell you at graduation, but fuck it, I wanna be the one to give you a kiss on the fucking cheek when we throw our fucking caps in the air." He had never felt so exposed, besides the time he dove wrong into the public pool and lost his shorts. But that was a different story.

"Well, what a fucking time, huh?" She asked him.

He laughed a little. It was refreshing to know that he no longer had such a big secret to keep, and that she was still friendly with him.

"So, are you gonna say 'i love you' back or 'no what the fuck donkey'? There's no in between," he said.

Then the whispers started.