11

The group of seniors became the talk of the school once they returned, but, better yet, one pair of seniors became the school's trophy couple.

Lee Donghyuck, the school's soccer captain, and Kim Haewon, the school's 'little sister'. Everyone felt the odd need to protect Haewon, whether they knew her personally or not. For most, she's what made the school day enjoyable.

The school's Full Sun and Starlight in a relationship was exactly what the school needed to end the year off perfectly.

Meanwhile, the school's star foreign senior (who everyone had as a crush, it was obvious) and the school's cheerleader had their fling going on, but were in denial that they both actually wanted a relationship.

Anyhow, the longer that the four spent remembering what happened that night, the closer they got.

Haewon had a nose piercing now, along with a promise ring that her and Donghyuck had exchanged when they first got back.

Some people say it's too soon for them to know for sure they love each other, but after spending twelve to thirteen years together, it's pretty easy to know if you're in love with your best friend or not.

"So, hot stuff," Donghyuck said as he leaned against the locker next to Haewon's, "how was your day?"

She giggled. She loved when he used the cheesiest, retro phrases he could think of. "I don't know, Donkey, I think it's gonna get a lot better soon, though."

"Oh really, Nocky? And how is that?"

"Because," she smirked, "I'm getting off early so I can go get ready."

"For what?" Donghyuck asked her. What was she doing today? He wasn't worried that she was cheating, he was just curious.

She smiled. "Because you and I are going on a trip to my Aunt's wedding, or at least, I hope we are," she said. "Wanna be my date?"

He eagerly accepted.

-

At the wedding, he sat on a bench while waiting for the ceremony to start. "So, you're here with Haewon again?" A boy his age asked. He vaguely recognized the boy from pictures that Haewon showed him. His father was close friends with Haewon's aunt.

Donghyuck nodded. He was sure the ring was enough to show a little something. "Yeah, I'm here as her date."

"Date? You mean she's got a boyfriend?"

"I mean, unless I'm her girlfriend then, yeah, she's got a boyfriend," Donghyuck sassed just before the music started.

Two by two, the girls walked down the aisle being escorted by a man. Haewon was being escorted by her grandfather, who gave her a hug as she walked to her side.

The ceremony went on as usual, but Donghyuck couldn't peel his eyes off of Haewon. Her hair was perfect, her makeup suited her perfectly, her dress was beyond gorgeous on her, and her precious smile throughout the whole thing was enough to make Donghyuck want to be next on that aisle.

Of course, he'd wait a few more years. He loved Haewon, but not enough to get married at 19.

The ceremony ended, and everyone went inside to celebrate at the reception party.

Her grandfather let Donghyuck do the honors of escorting her inside, and nobody could say they were anything other than the cutest couple.

They partied at the party harder than they may have ever. Maybe it was because now they could slow dance together, they could spend hours without end together, they could mess around outside together without being teased.

"Did you know," he told her as they slow danced outside, where the music was still loud but nobody else was, "that you were the prettiest one up there? I swear to God, I couldn't take my eyes off of you."

She suddenly felt self conscious. "That's what you're supposed to say to the bride, dummy!" She jokes around.

He smugly spun her around, "but one day in a few years, you'll be the bride. But I'll have told you that so many times that day that you'd want to kill me before the night was over!"

She giggled again, his favorite sound on this floating rock called Earth. "You know, I almost forgot! You still owe me those four kisses from that night!"

She rolled her eyes at him. "I thought you forgot about this!"

"How could I? It's a cute way to have a first kiss-"

"But I'd rather do it when it's our time, like at a date or when we're hanging out at my house, or maybe if we go on vacation over the summer, or if-"

He wanted to shut her up before she bit her tongue off. So, he took those four kisses. "That was one," he said, breaking off what felt like an hour long kiss to her (it was really just a good few seconds).

And only to end up making the moment sweeter instead of ruining it, she said, "you taste like strawberries."

"Wanna taste it again?"