C H A P T E R | 4

The second I got home, I dropped my things and headed straight for the shower

         The second I got home, I dropped my things and headed straight for the shower. I was way too exhausted from practice and right after this shower I was crawling right into bed.

I checked my phone first after stripping all my clothes off and saw a message from Jasmine.

"are you home? I want to see you?" I repeated out loud scrunching up my face and sucking my teeth

She was getting attached acting like this was a regular thing.

'No, I'm busy' I replied back before locking my phone and placing it on the night stand.

Walking straight into the shower, I turned it on not even waiting for it to warm up—I stepped inside

The coldness cooled me for a bit before the warmth set in and I sighed in relief.

Practice was a little rough today. Hunter was giving me the cold shoulder and he wasn't giving me as many reps. He was honestly doing to much, but I wasn't gonna say shit to him.

I did not care if he threw to me at practice, because knowing Hunter he'd have to pass to me during games if he wanted any shot at making it to the super bowl.

If he didn't throw to me at playoffs and kept this grudge going on, I already know the fans are gonna get pissed. I'm the best receiver on that field, get the ball to me and I'm a touchdown waiting to happen.

Hunter was smart, he didn't want those problems. I'll let him do his thing at practice as if I gave a shit. Hunter likes to win and ain't no way he winning without me.

Grabbing the loofah, I poured soap on it and lathered myself down.

My thoughts shifted to Celine and the baby.

The thought of it stressed me out. Maybe things between us will get more civilized once the baby comes.

I hope.

Rinsing myself completely, I turned the shower off and hopped out throwing a towel around my waist.

Picking up the trail of sweaty clothes, I put them in my hamper.