Chapter Twenty Seven

Gerard squeezes his eyes as he becomes conscious, waking up, feeling the vibration on his ear as his head lays on Bert's chest. Feeling the vibration of his chest as he speaks.

The waves of the ocean in the background of his voice, still at the lake, the next morning. Bert for once, seems to be up before him. His hand running through his his red hair.

"Mm, yeah. See I was never into that shit" Gerard hears James's voice respond to Bert, sounding as if he's next to them, rather then across from them like he was last night.

"So how come you settled down? The others always said you were a player" James asks, his voice deepening at the topic and mention of Gerard who they don't realize is awake.

"Because Gerard makes me happy, he's special, perfect in every way" Gerard hears Bert says, feeling his hand running along his back making Gerard's heart warm.

"I guess so, I sorta wish you weren't in a relationship, because damn I want a piece of you" James hums. Gerard can only imagine where his eyes are roaming too.

"Well too bad, because he is, so stop flirting with him and get your ass out of our arm reach before I slap you silly" Gerard mumbles tiredly, eyes still closed, head still laid on Bert.

He feels Bert chuckle, realizing Gerard's awake and has been listening, "You heard the boy"

Bert runs his hands through Gerard's hair making Gerard hum, rubbing his eyes and looking at him. Exhausted, him and Bert stayed pretty warm with the blankets and fire last night, though Gerard kept getting creeped out when he heard a noise, which kept him up.

"You okay, doll?" Bert asks, obviously sobered up, dealing with the aftermath, an awful hangover after getting wasted last night, which knocked him out not too long after Gerard.

"I'm fine, but it's cold and I'm ready to go home and shower" Gerard hums tiredly, wanting to go home and rest comfortably with Bert after a long night of being outside.

"Okay doll, lets go" Bert says placing a soft kiss on his forehead, the two getting up and gathering their things. Everyone else knocked out, wasted so they're not going to be up for a while.

Gerard and Bert go to the car, as usual it's Bert driving, Gerard still trying to wake up more though he's finding it hard to keep his eyes open, extremely exhausted after last night.

"Want to stay over with me? They're gone for another night, I mean, I know you're hungover" Gerard asks, hoping he will, honestly not wanting to be alone right now.

"Of course babydoll, wait, isn't Jay there though?" Bert asks, remembering Jay even exists and that he'd tell Bryan and Donna if he caught them, or he'd blackmail Gerard.

"He's probably out, and anyway, I can just tell him we're doing an assignment for school" Gerard says, feeling bad that they have to stay a secret but he's not ready to come out yet.

Getting there, they walk inside, not seeing Jay so they go upstairs, Gerard sliding off his sweater, turning on the heater in his room so they can warm up, Gerard still cold.

"I'll be right back out" Gerard says gathering clothes, going into the bathroom to rinse off in the shower really quick, too tired to wash his hair or any of that sort.