Bonding

After what happened yesterday in Liones, the Sins and Elizabeth went back to the tavern. With Elizabeth's recovered memories, everyone was on edge all the time. They were scared she would drop dead at any second.

"Two more days.." Meliodas thought to himself, sitting on the edge of his bed.
"We have to figure something out, otherwise.."

A knock on the door could be heard.
"Meliodas, can I come in?" Elizabeth asked.

Meliodas immediately started crying. The sound of her sweet voice. There was a chance he wouldn't hear it for a while.

"Meliodas!" She ran through the door to comfort him. She just knew when he was upset.

She cradled his head in her arms and rested her chin on his head.

"Meliodas, it'll be okay. Even if I do die again, you know I'll definitely find a way back to you, like always." (i'm not crying, u are)

"But it's supposed to be my job to protect you. And I can't even do that right!" He sobbed into her chest.

"Meliodas, do you remember what you told me that time in Dalmally? You told me that even if I were to die you would make sure you kept the promise we made." She chuckled.
"Even if I die because of this curse, could you please keep it for me, even now?"

Meliodas nodded.

"I never got to finish what I was saying the other day. But, I love you too. I really do."

———————————————

The group are now on a mission to save their dear friend Elizabeth and somehow break the curse.

And the only way to do that is to kill the demon king and the supreme deity of the goddess race.

"To be honest, I'm a little uneasy about killing these people." Elizabeth admitted.
"Elizabeth, isn't the supreme deity your-," Diane started speaking before she got cut off by Meliodas.

"Mother. Yes, she is. And, well the demon king is my father. So, I guess we're gonna be killing our parents, aren't we?"
"Jeez, that was dark!" Hawk huffed.
"Quiet, porky."

Elizabeth giggled. Even on the brink of death, she was still her cheerful self.

-
bitc-
lowkey i cried while writing this omg i kinda snapped sorry y'all but this isn't even the saddest chapter there's gonna be worse ;)