CHAPTER 12 - STRATEGIE

hey guys, just want to let everyone know that for the next three months there will be two new chapters a month. i'll be trying to write them ahead of time as i'll be really busy, and i intend to publish them on the 10th and 25th of each month. after that, i hope to come back to a higher frequency. but i'm always here to read the comments, so please keep'em coming!

-------------------------------------

— So, we reaped these babies from the mission — Cairo showed three plastic bags on the table with cellphones inside, as Larissa got a hold of one of them. — They should be very useful for us to— Don't touch them directly!

— Don't touch them directly? — Alina repeated with an amused smile. — Do you think you're on a CSI episode?

— Honey, she lives like she was in a CSI episode — Cece chimed in. — But Ali's right, it's not like we have a demon fingerprint database over here.

— Right, I'm just losing it — Cairo slapped her forehead. — Let's just go through these and see if we can find anything at all useful.

— These are all from the ones you guys kept locked in there? — Alina reached for one with a blood-red case.

— Yes, they're under a spell and will only be able to get out a few days from now — Anne asserted.

— Now we need to see if we have any hints on other locations where they might be holding hostages — Cairo ordered. — Especially after our last contact didn't prove to be very useful... No offense, Ali.

— Why would I take offense in that? It's true — she shrugged. — He could've at least pointed us in the right direction.

Alina looked back at the phone, refraining from saying what she'd opened her mouth to.

It's okay. This isn't the first time I've lost someone.

— I think I've got a name here — Dagon called, and Alina looked over to see the text translated into English.

"We're meeting Dumitra at her house next Friday. We have to stay together."

— Do you guys think they're having disagreements among them? — Lari suggested to Dagon.

— Either that or they're preparing for us. We did just bring down an entire hideout of theirs.

— "We need to find the rats first" — Cairo read from another phone. — "They're the ones spreading information".

— They're talking about the dropouts — Alina concluded, gaining attention. — And Dumitra, Sorin has mentioned this name. She's one of the heads, I think.

— Okay, guys, keep looking and write down anything that can be useful. — Cairo looked around the room while standing up. — Lari, come with me?

— For?

— We need to get the locating chip on the new people we rescued.

— Any chance you put one on Sorin? — Alina looked at the two friends, already anticipating the answer.

— We were gonna do everyone today — Cairo brought a hand to her friend's shoulder. — Sorry, darling.

— It's fine — the woman feigned a smile.

After the two left, Ganya took Cairo's seat so she'd be by Ali's side. Ever the "mom friend", Ganya jumped up at the opportunity to comfort the people she cared for the most. Rolling the chair even closer, she rested on Alina's shoulder, holding her hand over the table.

— Are you sure he didn't say anything else? — Alina asked.

— No, sorry.

— I'm gonna lose them both, aren't I?