Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Diabolik Lovers. All I own are Mei and her mom, Chihiro. I'm pre-warning you, though, one of my OCs in this will die. Also, Mei is already paired up with Yuuma (I assume their ship name would be Meima), not any one else. Do not rip on me because I paired her up with Yuuma. They are step-siblings. They are not related by blood. It is completely acceptable for them to get together, as they are not related by blood, but by marriage. I just want to make that perfectly clear. If you don't like it, don't read this story. Now onto the story.

⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒

Mei

I hate my life. I hate it so much. You want to know why? Because my mother decided to go, meet some guy named Karl-something-or-other, fall in love, and get married. Now we're going to go live with him and his four sons. Four. I have four stepbrothers. Four. How many kids does one man need?! "Now Mei, you must be kind and treat your new brothers with respect." My mother started to lecture me. I zoned out, wondering if I'll have to share a room with one of four brothers. Please Kami, let me have my own room. I prayed.

"We're here!" My mother said cheerfully. My new stepfather turned to me and smiled, but I could swear it was fake. "I hope you are very happy here with us. I look forward to being your stepfather." He said to me. Why did I get the feeling that his intentions aren't actually what he said? Because it probably wasn't. If he hurts my mother in anyway, I will hunt him down and kill him. Or seriously maim him. Whichever works.

The car pulled upーokay, so it's really a limo, but whateverーto a manison. To a mansion. I'm starting to like this family more. But only a little. I'd be more accepting if they weren't incoherent snobs with money. It parked, and we exited the limo. I wanted to sigh in frustration, but I bit my tongue back. I mean, I did bite my tongue, but that's besides the point. Four boys about my age stood at the entrance. My stepbrothers....I narrowed my eyes slightly. I wasn't unhappy with them, it was more of a mutual feeling towards them. And their father. The one with ashy-silver hair stepped forward, grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckle. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Ruki, the oldest. You are our new sister Mei, yes?"

I nodded, trying to be as unresponsive as possible. I wanted to see who they really are before I spoke to them. "This is Kou," He gestured to the blonde. "Azusa," He pointed to the one with similar hair to my own. "And Yuuma." I bowed respectfully to them. They are my new family. I can't be that rude to them. "Follow me. I'll show you to your room." Ruki spoke. Yes! I mentally celebrated. I get my own room! I will say this, even though we're now 'related', my stepbrothers are pretty cute.

Ruki led me to two large double doors and opened them. The room, while large in size, was pink. "Dear Kami...." I muttered. Ruki glanced at me with a questioning look. "Do you not like it?" He inquired.

"I like the size, but the color is just......disgusting." I commented, completely forgetting my vow to not talk until I get to know who they truly are. "You can always change the color." Ruki replied, smiling at me. Something was off about his smile too.

"Is this whole family based off of faux grins?" I murmured. Ruki's eyes widened, but they quickly resumed to their original form. He smiled once again, questioning me. "Who says my smile is fake?" I scoffed. Screw my vow! I'm going to do and say what I want. Unless it's cooking or baking. "It's obvious to the observant." I stepped into my new room and sighed. I kinda dislike this room. Because.....because it's not the room I'm used to being in. I guess I'll have to get used to it. This is my new home. "I'll be leaving now." Ruki said before leaving. "Oh, and Mei?"