Chapter Four: Change

Rose had now lived in Amnesty Bay for almost three weeks and is finally settling into her new job and her new life. Every day is still hard as she had the urge to pick up her phone and call her mum to talk about anything and everything, just like she used to when she was away at college.

Eliza had just gone to work. She had retired from teaching a few years before Joe died but after he passed she found herself lonely and bored. She decided to get a small part time job at the local supermarket. At first it was a distraction but Eliza soon made friends with many of the locals while also being able to have her own money and not rely on what her husband had left her.

Rose doesn't have work until later in the evening. Bored out of her mind, Rose wonders the small two bedroom house that had been passed down from generation to generation. This house had originally belonged to her great grandparents who gave into to their son, Rose's grandpa Joe, and it was meant to pass to her parents but with them gone, Rose would be the owner of the house once her gran passed away.

Venturing into the garage, Rose finds her grandpa's old truck rusting away and collecting dust as are the boxes of old memorabilia. In the corner is an old metal locker with had several padlocks on it. Rose had questioned it's contents many times as a child but never caught her grandpa opening it. Her mother had never seen the inside of the locker either but believed whatever it was belonged to grandpa Joe's father... Noah. Knowing the house is empty Rose grabs one of the heavy wrenches from her grandpa's old tool box and heads back over to the locker with determination and curiosity. She desires to know what lies behind the four padlocks. She swings at smashes the ranch against the metal locker door over and over again, breaking the seals and locks while causing massive dents to from. Rose didn't think her gran would care all to much, especially since she never goes into the garage.

The last lock break causing the door to creak open. Place the wrench down on the wood work table, Rose slow open the metal locker. Rose thought it would be special fishing gear or precious items, maybe even money or a gun. No... it is none of these.

Her blue eyes reflect in the silver metal surfaces as no speck of dust covers it. The handle reaches two metres with smooth crisscross indents traveling around from the bottom to the top where it equally divides it three parts point up into spikes. The sharp edges gleam as the glorious weapon stands before her. The powerful trident rests, untouched for over fifty years.

Rose questions it's ownership, considering her grandpa's obsession with Atlantis. Had be brought a trident for himself?

No. This trident belongs only to royalty. Noah had been the prince of the Kingdom of Xebel, third in line to the throne after his two older brothers. Noah was in fact a full blood bastard. His father was of royal blood and his mother a common blood Atlantean. Noah did not carry the same red hair as all his royal family had but he inherited the silvery blond hair of his mother. However he remained royalty, if only half but full Atlantean. Noah faked his death when he fell in love with a land dweller, named Katharine with the same gorgeous palatium blond hair of his late mother who had been sacrificed to the Trench. Noah hated his father for this. If his father had never left his royal wife, the mother of his half-brothers, for his commoner mother then she would be alive. Katherine and Noah lived happily on the land with their son Joe, who also adopted their blond hair. Joe knew his Atlantean, Xebel heritage well and had plans of traveling their one day but he then met and fell madly in love with Eliza in his late teenage years. Their daughter took after Eliza, with brown hair and blue eyes but they found their daughter had now abilities relating to that of an Atlantean. Joe feared that because his was a mix of Atlantean and land dweller and he had partnered with a land dweller their was even a smaller chance any of his children or grandchildren would inherit there royal Atlantean, Xebel heritage. Years passed and Rose was born, with brown hair and blue eyes, the traits of her land dweller relatives.