Tonight You Belong To Me (Part 1)

I know (I know) you belong to somebody new
But tonight, you belong to me

Kaycee stepped into the restaurant, looking for the couple of the night. She didn't have to look for long, for she heard a booming voice calling out her name.

"Kaycee Rice! My God, you made it!"

Willdabeast Adams walked towards Kaycee with the biggest grin on his face and arms open wide.

Kaycee couldn't help but smile back, running into his arms and hugging him. "Will! I know, I can't believe it! I've missed you so much!"

"We've missed you too, baby beast! It means the world that you're here."

Not long after, Janelle and a little girl caught up to Will.

"Baby girl! Thank you for coming!" said Janelle, hugging Kaycee tight.

Kaycee returned the hug warmly. "I wouldn't miss it for the world. And look at your baby girl!" Kaycee crouched down to the little girl's height and opened her arms. "Hi, Shayla! It's so nice to finally meet you in person!"

Six-year-old Shayla Adams gave Kaycee a toothy grin and ran towards her, Kaycee picking her up and twirling her in the air easily. "Hi, Aunt Kaycee! You're here!"

Kaycee was overcome with emotion; it saddened her that she had missed a lot of things back in Los Angeles, but she was overjoyed to finally meet the apple of Will and Janelle's eyes in person.

Before Kaycee could engage her in further conversation, the little girl grinned at her again and scampered off to their table.

"J, I want to cry. She's beautiful!" fawned Kaycee.

Janelle looked at her daughter proudly. "That, she is. We're both so blessed."

Kaycee smiled wistfully, watching Shayla interact animatedly with the other guests.

"Kay, Spain is definitely treating you well. You look amazing!" said Janelle, slowly walking her to their table.

Kaycee looked away shyly, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I love it there, but it feels so good to be back."

Janelle suddenly stopped in her tracks, facing Kaycee and staring at her raised hand. "Hold up, baby girl. Is this what I think it is?"

Janelle grabbed Kaycee's hand, admiring the diamond-cut ring on her finger.

Kaycee felt her face warm up. "Yeah, it's only been a few weeks. We haven't really told anyone yet, though."

"Oh my God, congratulations, baby! Tre?"

Kaycee nodded, giving a small smile.

"Where is he now? Everyone's going to freak!"

"He's teaching at a convention back in Spain. Nobody here knows, but I guess they'll find out if they see my hand like you did just now. I don't think I want to be all loud about it, especially since..."

Janelle nodded in understanding. "He's gonna be here. I know you haven't seen each other since it happened, but it's been years. You guys should at least be civil with one another."

Kaycee felt her stomach turn.

Ultimately, she was here for Will and Janelle. She was going to have to suck it up.

Kaycee smiled softly at Janelle and nodded before taking a steadying breath. As they finally reached their big table, Kaycee was met with faces she hadn't seen for ten years. Choreographers, industry people, friends...and she felt overwhelmed with joy. The only friend that she had truly stayed in touch with was Tahani, who knew every detail of her life in Spain, but she had missed the people she grew up with and learned from.