.eight.

"Larry?" I called from outside a shop.

I assumed it was Larry's mechanic shop because it had a huge sign out front that said 'Larry's Auto'

I was desperate.

"In the back!" I heard Larry's familiar southern accent reply.

I ran back to where the voice came from.

"Thank God, you're here." I breathed.

"Oh, hey there!" Larry smiled.

"Larry, I need your help. Gerard's been, well, here." I gave him the note I found last night.

He read it and looked up at me.

Or down at me, I should say. Larry was taller than I was.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Frank. I know you and Gerard were really close." He smiled. "Anything you need, I'll help."

I smiled sadly. "Thanks, Larry."

I shoved the note into my pocket and took a deep breath. "Actually, I do need help."

"Anything!" Larry's voice boomed inside the metal garage.

I gave him another slip of paper. "I need to go to this address."

He looked at the sheet and pursed his lips. "Better Living Industries?"

"Yes," I nodded.

He nodded in the direction of his work van. "Hop in."

~

Larry drove fast, understanding the urgency of the situation.

When we neared our destination, Larry pulled off I the side of the road.

"We're gonna have to take a side route to get to where Gerard is."

I nodded and Larry started driving towards a building surrounded by barbed wire fencing.

"Uh, Larry-"

"Hang on!" Larry yelled from the drivers seat.

Crash.

We were inside.

"Did you seriously just drive through a fence?" I asked.

"Yes, now get a move on before they find out and we become good as gone!" Larry smiled. "Good luck."

"Thanks, Larry." I said and jumped out of the car.

I found an entrance to the building and began springing down the long hallways until I found a door that read

'Containment Facility'

Yup, that's where Gerard is.

I glanced around to make sure nobody was around and pushed the doors open.

"Gerard?" I whisper-yelled.

I walked down the hallway of iron doors.

"Gerard?" I said a little louder.

"Frankie!" I heard his sweet voice call from a ways away.

"Where are you?" I started sprinting to where his voice was coming from.

"Over here!" He called and I sprinted towards him.

When I found him I practically hugged the door. "Oh my God, Gee what did they do to you?"

"Nothing," He said. "Yet."

I spent about 20 minutes trying to open the door before I finally succeeded.

I ran into Gerard's strong arms and fell into him, crashing my lips to his.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I breathed.

He smiled and pulled me in tighter. "I'm glad you're here." He kissed my forehead.

"Let's get out of here," I smiled before standing up.

"Frank-" Gerard was looking somewhere behind me.

"What? Gerard we can't just sit here and-" I felt an unwelcoming presence behind me.

I turned around slowly to see a man in a white lab coat who I recognized immediately.

"Hello, Fun Ghoul."