3

They had been talking about small little things, until Hunk pulled out a decorated bag and placed it on the table.

"What's that?" Lance said, pulling a spoon out of his mouth from his ice cream they got earlier.

"It's your present. Obviously." Pidge rolled her eyes crossing her arms. "Also, just 'cause Hunk was the one who was holding it, doesn't mean it's just from him!"
She shoved the gift towards Lance. "Now open it!" She smiled.

Lance took tissue paper out of the gift and took out the object. "Oh my god! This is so cool! Thank you guys so much!" Lance said holding Killbot Phantasm, a video game he had been wanting ever since it was announced. He went to hug them but felt something on his wrist and Pidge must've noticed because she immediately yanked his arm.

"Lance! Lance! Lance! I think your soulmate's writing something back!" She squealed.

He yanked his arm back rubbing it slightly. "Yeah I think I could have figured that out without having my arm stolen." He laughed.

She and Hunk leaned towards him. "Well, whats it say?" She said, with her eyes gleaming.

"Yeah, tell us!" Said Hunk, who was just as excited as her.

Lance peered at his wrist a little excited as well. That was until he read the message written in red marker. His face scrunched up in confusion and a little bit of anger.

"Lance?" Pidge face dropped but her intrigued body posture remained. He showed them his wrist.

'Don't contact me. I'm not interested.'

Pidge's face turned into disgust. "What a jerk! That's rude!" She said infuriated.

"Man that sucks, Lance." Hunk said sitting back down.

Lance laid my head on his arms, on the table. He groaned, being disappointed. "Great my soulmate is an asshole. Suiting for a piece of shit like me." He buried his head in my arms.

"Woah Lance, you are not a piece of shit." Hunk said trying to comfort the boy.

"I know, but not even my own soulmate likes me."

"Hey they're probably just really busy, and don't think they have time. But give it a bit of time and I'm sure they'll come around." He said putting his hand on Lance's shoulder.

"Thanks, Hunk." Lance said, hoping his friend was right.

After that, Lance decided it was time he head home. He said bye to his friends and thanked them for his gift. He then began his walk home, periodically glancing at his wrist with the red and blue ink.

Word Count: 423