Chapter 28- Meeting

A/N: I know a lot of you guys are uncomfortable with Twice x BTS ships so if you personally hate them then you can fill Nayeon's name with whoever else's. I'm not actually a fan any Twice x BTS ships myself so feel free to do whatever you have to.

~

(Marina's Pov)

"So, the guy behind the cashier is kind of hot," I teased, glancing at the handsome man across the room. He was dressed in a pair of black dress pants and a white button-up shirt, which was rolled up to his elbows. His silver hair was styled up above his forehead and his face was drawn with concentration.

I noticed Nayeon blush, before yelping as she whacked my arm really hard.

"Keep your craziness to yourself," she replied, puffing out her cheeks as she took a sip of her drink. I smiled cheekily at her, sticking out my tongue slightly at Nayeon.

Before she got a chance to hit me again, a masculine voice interrupted her from behind. "Somewhat sorry we're late."

I glared at the man, rolling my eyes as I scooched over closer to the window. Jungkook sat down next to me and only then I noticed his friend.

"So he was meeting up with Jin," I thought, admiring the handsome features of his best friend. Trying to find cracks in his warm facade but finding none. It was like he was a smooth lake of ice, I couldn't read him at all.

Jungkook seemed to notice my gaze and interpreted it the wrong way, reaching over to grab onto my cup and take a sip. Almost immediately I noticed the action and whacked his arm.

"Go buy your own!" I protested, reaching for the cup but Jungkook held it out of my grasp. He even had the audacity to stick his tongue out at me causing me to glare at him.

Only when I realized that his face was mere inches from mine did I realize how close we were. My entire upper body was leaned against his, with my palms on his chests and he had turned towards me earlier.

A cough was heard from across the table and we quickly scrambled back into normal seating positions. Jin and Nayeon raised their eyebrows at us, questioning our actions.

Glancing at my cup, that was now securing in my grasp, I avoided her gaze. This was yet another time I wished I was a normal girl and not some trained assassin.

I've never had any trouble with my missions before because the walls around my heart were always far too high for anyone to reach. But every second I spend in Jungkook's presence one bricks falls and disappears into nothing.

It's all because how soft my heart really was.

"What happened to professionalism? When did you completely throw that out the window? Since the first time he kissed you or the most recent? Don't be an idiot, he's your target. Stop with this crap," reprimanded a voice at the back of my head, it was the logical side, the one I had forced dormant.

Letting the giant smile I had on drop to a more natural position, yet it seemed so much faker than the one from moments ago.

"Is there something we're missing here?" asked Jin, from beside Nayeon. Jungkook quickly shook his head, and despite myself, the immediate denial hurt slightly.

"Of course not," I reassured, mainly directing that towards Nayeon. From my peripheral vision, I could see that she could tell what I had done, subtly shaking her head slightly. I ignored her.

Eventually, we started up a conversation with Jin telling us about how he was a chef and how much he adored cooking and eating. Something rang at the back of my head, as I remembered Jungkook's large collection of cooking utensils.

"Jin oppa, you're the one who gave Jungkook those cooking utensils, weren't you? The other person who tried changing Jungkook's diet?" I asked politely, side-glancing at the man beside me. Jungkook avoided meeting Marina's eyes, sinking down slightly in his seat.

Jin's shoulders stiffened, sending Jungkook a disappointed glance. Jungkook quickly denied his hyung with his eyes, communicating that he hadn't intentionally shared his name.

Turning his attention back at me, Jin smiled nodding his head to confirm that he had indeed been the person who gave Jungkook his collection. "Let me guess? It hadn't changed after I left him alone?"

Jungkook smiled cheekily and Jin whacked his head. The younger man whined in protest as his friend started to chastise him. Nayeon smiled at the scene causing me to raise my eyebrow at her.

In the short time I've known Jin he appears to fit my eonni's ideal type pretty well, I smell trouble... I smiled brightly at Nayeon with my eyebrow still quirked when she finally seemed to notice what she had been doing.

She quietly cleared her throat, sending me a slight glare for "assuming things".

Come on, I've known Nayeon for nearly four years now. She likes him, doesn't she? So much for the whole rule-obeying, responsible image she worked hard to keep. Get exposed.

"Don't worry, I've been feeding him," I assured, cutting off their small argument.

"Thank you, at least some young people nowadays know how to take responsibility," said Jin, directing the last part at Jungkook with a slight glare.

Half an hour passed of peaceful conversing before it was finally time to leave.

"Jungkook, why don't we go back to your apartment," asked Jin, standing up and putting on his coat.

"Marina, don't you live in the same building? Let's go together," suggested Nayeon, beaming happily. Something seemed slightly off with how forced that was, otherwise I would've shrugged off her actions as wanting to spend more time with Jin.

I gave her a questioning looked, slightly concerned. Something's not right here.

Actually, there must have been a reason for Nayeon's visit. None of the Twice members meet with one another in broad public unless something was up, and I had a guess at what.

Glancing over at Jin than Nayeon, I slowly started connecting the dots.

Big Hit must have found out. I should have guessed.

The hackers in Bts were no doubt as talented as Momo, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung are. The ones in our group and theirs were no doubt the best in the nation amongst youth.

In fact, that's how JYP found Chaeyoung, she was a freelancing hacker that got a little too close to discovering our companies underworld activities. He had set her in the trial to determine who the Twice members would be and she managed to get through YG's firewall in 30 seconds flat, something that should've taken months.

Jin must have come to tell Jungkook and Nayeon must be here to warn me. In fact, Jungkook might already know.

Everything slowly clicked in my mind. What if Jungkook had known since the beginning and I wasn't the one fooling him but he was the one fooling me? A fool-proof plan to make me fall in love with him to finish me off.

"I need to finish this tonight," I thought.

Once outside the cafe, I hugged Nayeon tightly and gave her a look indicating that I knew everything.

"Jin and I are going to the movies, see you guys next time," announced Nayeon, grabbing onto Jin's wrist as she pulled him away.

He immediately protested, looking back at Jungkook and he was being forced away.

I was slightly worried about Nayeon until I remembered that she was just as talented as I was. She'd be able to handle him without me for the time being I needed to focus on myself.

"Let's go home," I said, gently looping my arm in Jungkook's as I lead him back to our apartment building.

Time to set this plan into action.