1 Beginnings

This story is part of a series! All stories spin-offs of each other and do not need to be read in order but may have some spoilers in the stories that come before them. Here's the order:

1- Lie Until You Laugh- Sienna Mast (Complete)

2- Laugh Until You Cry- Stella Wayne (Complete)

3- Cry Until You Bleed- Ana Shaw (Complete)

4- Bleed Until You Heal- Jo Mast (Complete)

—————————————————————————-

Relationships are hard. It's common knowledge. In most of the books and the movies, they look easy most of the time but that's because they usually only cover the Cupcake Phase. You know, that part of the relationship right after two people get together and they're just absolutely in love with each other. Everything that the other person does is adorable and cute. However, after a while, the Cupcake Phase wears off and both people are hit with a cold dose of reality and it absolutely stinks. My theory is that the cute couples aren't the ones that look cute during the Cupcake Phase because let's face it, every couple looks cute during this time period. The really cute couples are the couples that make it through the Cupcake Phase. Together and alive. The transition is really hard though.

The way she speaks along to the lines in a movie that she knows goes from adorable to irritating.

The way he gets jealous when other guys look at her goes from chivalry to suffocating.

Everything that somebody does goes from absolutely cute to incredibly annoying.

So this is the story about what happens after the Cupcake Phase. After the two people meet (I met Andrew freshman year) and after they get together (He asked me out almost five months ago) and after the rose-colored Cupcake Phase (That ended about a month ago). After the first date, the first kiss, the first 'I love you'. What the movies don't tell you.

"Can we go do something?" I ask my boyfriend of five months, Andrew, as he's sitting in his dorm room, aggressively pushing the buttons on his video game controller.

"In a little bit, Babe," He assures me in a distracted mumble as he continues to glare at the TV screen in complete concentration. "I just have to finish this game and then I'll turn it off."

I roll my eyes and sit down on the bed beside him so that I'm not just awkwardly standing around doing nothing. "There's always another game to finish. Can't you just pause it for a little bit?"

"It's a live game," He insists as if I should already know that. Video games aren't really my thing though and, no matter how hard he tries, I will not understand what that means or why that means he can't pause the stupid game. "I can't pause it or I forfeit, which I can't do. I'll be done in about an hour though."

"Our curfew is in forty-five minutes," I remind him dryly. Both of us go to the Vaughn Dance Academy which is a boarding school for high school students who have a strong interest in dance. The Vaughn Schools are incredibly prestigious and known globally for the impressive talent that they produce so basically, we're the best of the best dancers in our age group from America. We live in dorms just like all boarding schools and we have a curfew at ten o'clock during the school week, which is when the dorm buildings lock up for the night. Nobody can get in or out, so it's pretty important that I'm back at my own dorm by that time. If you get locked out, you have to go to the security guard who will let you into your room and also write you up with a week of detention for being out after curfew. I mean, Andrew and I live in the same dorm building but we're on different floors. That's the rules of the school, the boys and girls have to live on separate floors, and not only do the outside doors lock but the elevators lock too. They don't lock the doors to the stairs because of safety hazards but they have well-watched cameras on the stairwells. Most of the time, the school gives us a lot of freedom, but they are very strict when it comes to school night curfew.