#procrastination

🎃🎃🎃🎃

Procrastination. The act of voluntarily delaying or putting off something.

I personally think that Procrastination is one of the best things invented since deodorant, technology and hugs, as it is simply a way of saying ‘I’ll do it later’. ‘Later’ somehow always has a lovely way of turning into ‘never’ (or if mildly important, such as completing coursework, ‘three hours before it needs to be done’). However, is Procrastination all good? As a teenager I procrastinate a lot (on things such as Homework, completing dares, listening in maths and picking up that huge pile of mess on my bedroom floor). And usually it never gets me anywhere.

Procrastination, therefore, is not all good. Apparently, 69 minutes a day of an average persons life is wasted procrastinating (admit it, we all do it), which is a hell of a lot of time in which you could most probably have achieved whatever you were putting off in the first place. If this is so true, then why does procrastination appeal to us that much?

Because we simply don’t want to do it. Its not because you don’t have time, its because you want to watch the Simpsons instead of doing your maths homework. You want to play a game instead of studying. You don’t even want to study at all, but not doing it at all builds up on your guilty conscience, you feel bad. The thought of not doing what is needed to be done pulls on your guilt strings, so instead you decide to tell yourself you are going to do it later.

🎃🎃🎃

Tags
thegrlulook_for
Yash_midst_of_book
cerise_09
Ayaan_malhontra
Kingmhrcy
yoyo_violinist
__vanshi_29_03
x_wildestdreams
lycanthrope_1522
iamnotokay999
_staciee__
riya_rajput_
lilac_09
ruhi_03
Rhea_002