{reunion pt.2}

"Okay, no. You are not wearing that."

Richie made a scandalized noise and looked down at himself. He was wearing a pair of acid wash jeans, with a wildly flower print shirt tucked into the pants. His hair seemed messier than Eddie had seen it in almost five years, almost as though Richie had gone out of his way to make it seem fly-away and out-of-control. Richie blinked innocently up at his husband. "What's wrong with it?"

Eddie scoffed, pursing his lips to hide his genuine amusement. "You realize it's not 1994 anymore, right? Just because it's your high school reunion, doesn't mean you need to dress like we're still in high school ourselves."

"Well, actually, my love," Richie waggled his eyebrows. "It's yours, I'm just your arm candy. Besides, I want to make sure everybody remembers who I am."

Eddie frowned sadly, rubbing at Richie's forearms. "Don't... I'm sure nobody is going to forget Trashmouth Tozier. But you don't need to actually wear your clothes from high school."

"But Eds," Richie mock whined, pressing quick kisses to the top of Eddie's head. "I've kept them for an entire decade for this exact reason."

"Okay, you can wear whatever you want," Eddie laughed light. " But I won't let you be my arm candy dressed like that."

Richie frowned slightly, pulling back and toeing at the carpet. "In my defense, I won't really be your arm candy, will I? I'll just be Richie 'Trashmouth' Tozier, showing up at a high school reunion he doesn't belong at."

Eddie made a small, sad noise and moved to wrap his arms around Richie's mid section. "Baby... we talked about this, I thought we agreed it was best we didn't tell them."

"No yeah," Richie shook his head, cupping the side of Eddie's face. "It is what's best. It's not even that, whole thing... it's just. This should be my reunion, and everybody there is going to know it. And I can't even, I can't even tell them what I actually accomplished with my life because I'm proud of it but... To them, I'm just gonna be regular old Trashmouth working on the radio and living with Eddie Kaspbrak from high school."

"Baby..." Eddie leaned his head onto Richie's shoulder. "Fuck whatever they think, we have such a good fucking life. They're not entitled to know anything about it."

"I just..." Richie crinkled his nose and exhaled shakily. "I don't deserve to go to a fucking Derry High reunion as somebody's date. That school was my bitch."

"Its still your bitch," Eddie beamed up at him. "This whole world is your bitch."

Richie kissed Eddie lightly, smiling against his lips. "Have I ever told you that you're the love of my life."

Eddie chuckled. "Probably once a day for the last twelve years. But you're the love of mine, so that's okay."

→ → →

Beverly fiddled with the collar of her black dress as she walked into the front doors of Derry High School. The Losers had all agreed to meet in the very front foyer of their old school, right in their old pre-class meeting spot. Standing already there was none other than Ben Hanscom, Beverly's heart hitching in her chest at the sight of him. She barely had time to register Ben's appearance before the high school aged girl with the long black hair caught her eyes and she let out a small noise.

Eliina Tozier seemed to hold herself with a strength of pure confidence that her brother had yet to master in high school. In a simple black dress and her hair falling down her back in soft curls tumbling down her back, she looked close to elegant with all of her mothers' beauty. The girl had been nothing but a child the last time Beverly had seen her, a maximum of seven years old, but she stood before her now looking nearly a woman grown. The age difference between Richie and Elii had been extreme- Elii had been a toddler when Beverly had become with Richie- and he'd always been pretty open with explaining that his sister was a simple "save the marriage" baby.