{settiling in}

Richie rolled over, smiling at the smooth comfort of his large duvet, as he pulled the sleeping form of his husband closer to his chest. He knew that starting just next week, he wasn't going to be able to enjoy the long known comfort of slowly falling asleep next to Eddie, something he'd gotten overly used to within the last ten years. Ever since moving into that simple, rat-ass New York apartment that housed them only for a few months before they realized how much money they were wasting on a two-bedroom place, Richie and Eddie had spent every night side by side. There was, of course, always those few exceptions- when Richie's parents had divorced, and Eddie hadn't been able to go back to Derry as a support system because of his work, or when Eddie had gone out of town for a weekends for car shows and Richie couldn't follow him like a trophy husband- but the couple had spent the majority of their adults lives sharing their bed.

At the start of next week, Richie would be switching over to the late show at his radio station. It was going to mean many more late nights, working until 2 or 3 in the morning depending, but it was huge raise and Rich Records finally moving onto his own show, run and controlled completely by himself. His music, his words, all his choices. It was an absolutely amazing opportunity, something that really pushes Richie's career. He'd been offered the position almost half a year earlier, but when it had put in front of him he and Eddie had been in the process of adopting Marty and Richie had turned it down without question. There was no possibility of Richie switching over to working nights with a newborn baby in the house. The DJ they'd hired when Richie turned the job down hadn't worked out, and when Richie received the offer once again he and Eddie had been in agreement: you didn't turn a career altering promotion down twice.

As his start date loomed closer, Richie thought on it more and more. Wondered if he made the right choice, giving up his nights with Eddie. They were going to be saving a bundle on childcare- what with Beverly staying with them now, and Richie now being home during the day- but Eddie's baby-leave from work was ending around the same time Richie was starting on nights... and with sleeping Eddie in his arms now, Richie was already mourning something he hadn't lost yet.

Even asleep, Eddie Kaspbrak would gravitate towards Richie's touch. The second Richie's arms had tightened around him, Eddie had nuzzled into Richie's neck and shifted his legs so they tangled together in the sheets. Richie felt almost as though his heart was vibrating, marvelling at how after twelve years in a relationship that Eddie Kaspbrak could still make him feel like a thirteen year old with a crush.

Eddie let out a small huff, blinking up at Richie and smiling sleepily. "How long have you been up?"

"Not long," Richie hummed, rubbing soft circles into Eddie's back. "Seems like our little babies gave into the subliminal messages I left them to bother Bev in the mornings instead of us."

Eddie laughed. "Baby, I love you, but I don't think you're smart enough to just plant subliminal messages into the minds of our children."

"Childs minds are very vulnerable," Richie said wisely, leaning in to press feather light kisses to just below Eddie's ear.

Eddie hummed, the small conversation about their children's possible mind control long forgotten as Richie's lips trailed lower. His arms came up to wrap around Richie's neck and pull his husband closer, pressing their lips together and pushing their chests flush to one another. Richie would almost be embarrassed at how quickly he was reacting, but he could definitely reason it out to himself that they hadn't had sex since before leaving for Derry... and it was a scarce enough occasion then, as well. A fussy newborn was twice as hard when you also had a hyper-active toddler to chase after all day long. Sex definitely became something that was put on the back burner, but never forgotten.

Richie gripped Eddie's hips and rolled them so Eddie was settled on top of him. Eddie leaned onto his elbows, grinning almost wolfishly down at him. "Oh? It's like that today, is it?"