Hanahaki disease part 2 - Thomgelica

A/N Ha, you thought it was over :)

~•two months later•~

I headed to Thomas's house. I hadn't broken the news yet, I was going to surprise him on his birthday, but when I told him I got the flowers removed, he didn't have the reaction I expected.

"Thomas? Why are you crying? It's over, they're out now." I comforted him, rubbing circles on his back as I pulled him into a hug. I didn't know why he was crying at the time, but looking back...

It was so obvious.

"No reason, Angie." He gave me a sad smile. "I'm just happy you don't need to worry anymore."

~•8 months later•~

I sat on the couch, reading over my lines for the school play, 'A Midsummer Nights Dream... With zombies.' When the phone started ringing.

I hoisted myself off the couch, setting my script down as I ran to pick up the phone. My parents were on a date night, and my sisters were at their friend's house, so it was just me.

"Hello, Angelica Schuyler speaking."

The voice on the other end spoke.

I dropped the phone in horror, letting out a mangled yelp.

I ran out the door, not even bothering to get shoes on, and I ran. I ran as fast as I could to Thomas's house, and practically punched the door in.

Running up the stairs, I found his mother, who pointed me to the bathroom. When I opened the door, a chokes sob escaped my mouth at the sight of Thomas laying limp in the middle of the room. He was surrounded by blood and flowers, but these ones weren't white. They were black.

And then I spotted it, a small, rolled up paper clenched in his right hand. I picked it up and read it.

Angelica, read my diary.

And so I stood, wipes the tears from my eyes and left the bathroom. I showed his mother the paper, turning away when she nodded permission for me to enter his bedroom.

There it was, a small, worn book sitting on his tidy bed. I picked it up and read the last entry, dated with yesterday's date.

I wish I hadn't read it.

3rd July

Today I was coughing up whole flowers. Instead of white petals, however, they were black. I don't think I have long left.

There was a tear stain on the page.

I know Angie can't love me back, it's physically impossible for her. I don't know who she got her Hanahaki from, but at least she had the money to remove it. I'll be content if she lives a long, happy life.

This will most likely be my last entry. You don't live long after whole flowers start coming.

Goodbye, diary,
Thomas J.

:)