00 | prologue

Hello, it's ellie here with a new book! This time it's a bnha one!

I had the feels to write a Bakugou fanfiction because I love this hot-headed boy. So, I decided to actually write one for him instead of letting these feels come and go. Kind of regretting not starting bnha early (I mean, there are so many episodes, I was lazy to watch 3 seasons, coming to 4, at first) but it's alright since I'm jumping on the hype now. I was so sure Todoroki would be my best boy but Bakugou proved me wrong haha (why do I always fall for characters that Okamato Nobuhiko voices?).

Anyway just a short thanks for giving this book/story a go and I hope it doesn't disappoint you :")

Also warning: 'colourful' language with curse words because, if you came for Bakugou (which you obviously did) you know why.

▪▪▪

"I want to be a hero!"

"I want to save lives and help others with my quirk!"

"I really hope my quirk manifests soon!"

Those words, they were naive and childish due to the dreams you had when you were much younger. As a kid, you always believed that when you grew older, you would enroll into U.A High School and join the hero course, bringing justice to the world through the use of your quirk. You believed that you were able to become a hero and make use of your quirk to make the world an even better place. You believed that you would be able to keep villians and the malice they'd bring along with them at bay by just using your quirk.

Boy, were you dead wrong.

It's not that you ended up quirkless or anything which crushed all these dreams so easily. It was more like the fact that you manifested a strange quirk which crushed them. A weird quirk. Needless to say, a useless quirk.

Your quirk isn't even related to the quirks your parents have, it is completely off tangent. Your father has a quirk similar to telekinesis while your mother has a quirk which allows her to teleport objects with ease. Both your parents manifested relatively cool quirks which are fitting for heroes, giving you the child-like belief that you would have a quirk as cool or even cooler than theirs, since a child's quirk usually correlates with their parent's genetics.

That is not in your case, however.

Your quirk manifested when you were eight years old. When it first activated, you never understood nor comprehended what your quirk actually was. However as your parents brought you for checkups and you grew more as a person, you finally derived the nature of your quirk and it's purpose: you can see and touch the red string of fate.

It may be a legend but it is true, after all your quirk allows you to see it with your very two eyes. Being able to touch it also allows you to cut the string up, disconnect two soulmates and mess with their love lives but you are no villian to do something as despicable as that. A quirk such as this one, it makes you wonder till today what in the world can you even do with it?

Nothing. You can do absolutely nothing with it. Being able to see that thin red thread tied around people's pinky fingers, you can do absolutely nothing with that ability. The most you have done in middle school is inform people on who their soulmate is and whether or not they have a soulmate yet, since everyone's string may not necessarily be connected to someone else's, such as yourself.

This quirk has zero connection to those your parents have and to add on, it is a hundred times more useless than your parents' quirks. For a mere girl to be able to see and touch the red string of fate, there is absolutely nothing she can do to save the world with such a quirk. As harsh as you may sound to yourself, deep down, everyone knows that you are correct about you own personal quirk--that it is useless.

Your dreams on entering U.A were crushed. Your dreams on being a hero were crushed. Your dreams on saving the world were crushed and now, you are simply living your life as a standard high school student.

Howbeit, you loathing your quirk didn't mean you did not have fantasies a normal high school girl would have. You do enjoy romance stories and adore cute relationships but you simply cannot accept how pointless of a quirk you have actually manifested.

As a typical high school girl with romantic fantasies, you do wish to know who your red string of fate will be connected to. Unfortunately, to your despair, your string has been unconnected for the past eight years, ever since you have manifested your quirk. Never has that thin red thread which is tied loosely around your slimmest finger been attached to someone else's and frankly speaking, you are more than prepared to end up forever alone in this lifetime. Although some people do take time before their red string eventually connects to someone else's, you cannot help but lose hope in your love life.

You look down at your left pinky, staring hard at the red string before releasing a long, heavy sigh. Like any other day, it is still unconnected.

Slumping backwards, your back hits the soft mattress of your bed and you are met with the clean white of your bedroom ceiling. Tomorrow, maybe, just maybe, you will be able to see your red string get connected to someone.

¤¤¤

thank you so much for reading, comrade! do leave a vote and comment if you liked it and i hope to see you in chapter 01 :)