02 | residence

By the time Bakugou and you got to the shelter, both of you were soaking wet, your uniforms completely drenched by the rain. The cold gets to you quickly as you begin shivering while your head starts to feel heavy and feverish. Your knees buckle and feel weak, unable to support the weight from your upper body, your legs threatening to give in anytime soon.

You bite back all the curses you want to direct to your weak immune system. You always had a weak immune system and caught colds easily ever since you were a kid and till present day, you still are weak to all viruses and diseases. Just getting caught in the rain like now is enough for you to catch a fever and begin sneezing away like there is no tomorrow.

Your body sways and you attempt to hold your balance but to no avail. Eventually, your legs really do give in and you feel yourself falling forward but your body never met the ground.

An arm positions itself over your stomach, preventing your body from toppling over. You glance up at Bakugou. Your vision was blurring slightly but you could still see the evident frown and scornful expression on his face as he straightens your back for you forcefully, clicking his tongue in annoyance.

"Don't fucking stare," he sneers before removing his grey blazer, throwing it at you. In spite of being half conscious, you did manage to catch it before it fell onto the floor, which was currently filled with puddles. "Take this, you fucking troublemaker."

Your eyes move from Bakugou's face to the blazer he had given to you. "It's wet." You point out.

"Stop complaining and just fucking put it on," he grunts, running a hand through his spikey blonde hair exasperatedly. "Just looking at your pathetic state ruins my fucking mood to kill you."

"Thank you..." You express your gratitude before putting the blazer on and although it is wet, it did add on a little additional warmth to warm you up. Bakugou's scent also lingered on the blazer, the pleasant lavender and lemon flavour mixed in with a little bit of sweat--as expected from a boy.

Your eyes trail towards the red string connecting you two and sure enough, it significantly became shorter due to the smaller distance Bakugou and you were away from each other. A dry laugh escapes your lips upon knowing that although both of you are drenched from heat to toe, the string remains dry.

Bakugou darts you a death glare. "The fuck are you laughing at, dumbass?"

"Nothing, I'm sorry." You reply meekly, terrified of offending him any further.

Never in your life would you have thought that you would cross paths with Bakugou Katsuki, let alone have such a terrible first meeting with him. In addition, you left a terrible first impression on him. Although you are pretty certain Bakugou treats and speaks to everyone in this manner, you cannot help but feel inferior and put down by his crude words.

"You really are darn fucking weird," Bakugou curses once more and by now, you have already gotten used to his harsh tone and choice of words. "First you follow me and refuse to answer me when I catch you in the act. Then you create trouble for me by being so fucking weak just from getting caught in the rain. Seriously, what the hell do you want from me? I don't even fucking know you. You're not a villian since you're quirkless and so god damn frail, even for a girl. What the fuck do you want from me? Spit it."

You stay silent. No way in hell were you going to tell him about the red string of fate. Not only is that reason embarrassing as hell but it also isn't a valid one. Bakugou would probably wallop you if he hears that reason.

You feel darkness starting to take over your world as your consciousness begins fading admist your thoughts. Your lids fall and you blink numerous times to get yourself to stay conscious but your efforts were in vain.