Chapter 1--Open Season

"Ole One Eye," One Eye heard his mother call from the den. He looked behind him annoyed with his one good eye glowing crimson red. The pup was a rebel, but would always listen to his mother. As he dashed, he spat up pebbles and rocks from under his feet. He sighed then asked, "What do you need?" His mother could only say three words until One Eye took off. His mother snarled and walked to the back of the den to take a nap.

     One Eye continued to hunt for dinner. His family depended on it. His father had died earlier in the season, and One Eye was the last male in the family. One Eye rushed down to the river, just to see the surface iced over. He sighed and went looking for squirrels. The young wolf had lost his eye in a fight with another pack. The rivals went over each other's land.

     Suddenly, in the corner of his eye, he saw something shine. He looked to his left just to see a necklace with a diamond encased in glass. As he threw it on, he looked at the clouds. He imagined being respected and popular, just like his father. His father used to be the Alpha of the pack, but he passed, and Uncle Fang now had the ownership. He looked at the amulet item as it glowed, then a light shot out. He looked towards the laser, and fair enough, there was a squirrel. He whispered under his breath, "This is quite useful."

     One Eye snatched the squirrel from the tree limb started carrying it home, but looked behind him just to see five other wolves snarling and barking. He sighed under his breath, "I'm not on my territory." As he ran off, the other five walked into the bushes. He was lucky that they weren't hungry. Fang didn't like us to wander around alone, but One Eye was very rebellious and didn't care what others thought of him. Most of the pack thought he was crazy, but One Eye was just being himself.

     One Eye disliked a lot of things, including being taunted, having to stay in confined spaces, and not getting his way. If he was taunted or laughed at, he would attack.