Hannah

As soon as he said it, he regretted it. Sure, he could imagine spending the rest of his life with Clara. But then, no, he couldn't. She would die way before he would, and he could never forgive himself. He would give Clara the wrong idea; the idea that he could fathom losing her if it meant getting to be completely and wholly hers.

But he couldn't do that to her. It was selfish in his part, and at the same time, it was really selfish on her part. But then she wasn't the one who said "maybe we can." She hadn't been an idiot who had gotten lost in the moment.

Clara looked at him in surprise, before nestling back down into the crook of his arm. She knew he hadn't really meant it. They had agreed that they couldn't ever date or get married or fall in love. They would have to find a way to get over it, and they as adults had agreed to that. She just didn't really think it would be so soon, or in thier own home.

++++++++++

Clara heard the TARDIS dematerialize as she was crawling into bed. This had become a sort of regular thing for the two of them; she would go to bed and about twice a week he would go out adventuring. Clara didn't mind that much since she knew he was getting restless just sitting around all day. Besides they went in their own adventures all the time.

Clara fell back onto her pillows and started thinking about their neighbors. They hadn't been doing anything suspicious, plus her and Judy were becoming relatively good friends. She started to wonder how much longer she and the Doctor would stay here. They had been here about four months already and nothing had happened. The Doctor just kept assuring her that something would happen. They just had to be patient.

A crash came from the guest room, and it woke Clara up. She slowly got out of bed to go make sure the Doctor was okay, if it was the Doctor. As she reached the door, she heard a low moan from the Doctor, and then a woman say his name. She wasn't an idiot; she knew exactly what was going on, and it broke her heart. She had no right to be upset, and she knew she was being irrational, but damn sometimes he made it hard to hide her feelings.

After about another ten minutes, she heard the Doctor get up and leave the room. She could hear him coming towards the kitchen, which was where she was sitting reading a book and sipping on a cup of water. He walked in and smiled at her, earning a scowl from Clara. He grabbed a glass form the cupboard and filled it with tap water.

"Make sure you take some to your friend," Clara said not looking up from her book.

The Doctor looked at her in disbelief before mumbling, "So...you heard that, huh?"

"Of course I heard it. The yelling, the crashing. I'm surprised you didn't wake up the whole bloody neighborhood!"

"Why are you mad at me? We agreed to be 'just friends'. So don't get all pissed at me because I'm doing what I want to do."

"You could've stayed in the TARDIS or something. Don't bring strange women into our home, because let me remind you, we are supposed to be married. And if someone sees you, they'll get the wrong idea. And I think we both know that 'just friends' was never gonna work out to well. I've met blokes since we've moved here, and I've been asked out, but I didn't go. And you know why? Common curtesy. Also...because well I'm still not sure that a relationship would ever be a good idea, but it doesn't mean for a second that I'm not falling in love with you," Clara yelled back at the Doctor. She was tearing up a little bit, and wiped her tired eyes to keep him from seeing.

"Okay, you're right, I shouldn't have brought her into the house or even brought her anywhere for that matter. It's just...I don't....I don't want to wait forever for you. I've already fallen for you. I'm there. And there sucks because you're not with me. And a relationship wouldn't ever be a good idea. But when are they ever? Not even human relationships are good ideas. Just because something isn't a good idea, doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. We all need to be free, Clara, even if it's just for a moment. Freedom makes us feel alive. It reminds us that our hearts and our brains are still there, that our guts are still there to get butterflies when we fall in love. And love...well...love is being alive. Love is everything."

He walked up to Clara and hugged her, kissing her forehead. Clara couldn't stay mad at him, and she smiled as her heart jumped and her stomach got butterflies and her brain yelled at her to stop being such an idiot. She smiled as he kissed her cheeks, and then her lips,never so softly. She giggled as he grabbed her waist and spun her around. But mostly she cried silent tears as he touched her; and she wasn't sure if they were happy tears or sad tears. Maybe they were both, or at least that's what she was thinking to herself. The Doctor had the same internal conflict, it was just less obvious to both of them.

They were still hugging when they heard footsteps coming down the stairs and an uncertain voice say, "John?"

Clara got a good look at her beautiful hourglass figure, with legs that seemed to go on forever. She saw her long black hair flowing down across her shoulders as she wore the Doctor's shirt with only underwear on underneath. Clara felt a sudden surge of jealousy flow through her, but pushed it aside knowing the Doctor had chosen her.

"Who is she?" the girl asked, a look of surprise and anger at realizing she had just been used to cheat.

"Hannah, this is Clara. My wife," the Doctor said, looking embarrassed. Clara took this opportunity to embarrass him even further and act like she hadn't known that Hannah was there all night.

"I cannot believe you! John! Oh my god, you brought her into our home, while I was still here...you asshole!" Clara yelled, and then slapped the Doctor in the face. He smiled when she did it. Clara knew he deserved it a little bit, and enjoyed it a little more than she thought she probably should have.

After a very sorry Hannah had collected her cloth and left, Clara apologized for slapping him, and he only laughed. His laugh caused her to laugh, and they both laughed truly for the first time in what felt like forever.

++++++++++

Hope you liked it! As always, well...you know the drill. Keep on reading!