CHAPTER FOUR

"Ethan," she greeted as soon as he picked up her video call, she looked about ready  to murder someone.

"Well someone's in a mood," he commented with a fond smile gracing his thin, pale lips.

"Dont even add to my anger Ethan, I'm just not in the mood today," Pers replied as she fell face down on her bed, she had just come back from school and the day had not gotten better only worse, they had all tried talking to her but Pers was too pissed off to talk to them and then Zoey had pulled a prank on her as soon as she stepped into the house, spraying her with flour and cinnamon.

"You still look beautiful," he commented and she groaned out in frustration, "Zoey?" she nodded before turning and tilting the phone to the side.

"I hate my life, I miss you," she pouted and he laughed before focusing on her face, the flour had a brown like tinge and his heart rate increased in fear.

"Is-is that cinnamon? Arent you allergic to cinnamon!?" He said alarmingly and watched her burst out in laughter.

"I'm not allergic to cinnamon or anything, I just lied that day because you were ignoring me and you know how I love attention," she replied sweetly, innocently blinking her eyes at him like bambi.

"You fox," he said covering his eyes with his right palm, "you played me like a guitar."

"And enjoyed it, I still remember your face, 'oh my gawd, are you okay babe? Let's go to the hospital, please don't die on me, I love you,'" she said in a high pitched voice, trying to imitate him.

"That wasnt funny," he said after a while of watching her laugh at the memory and she sobered up immediately, "I was genuinely worried Pers, I really was, your face turned red and you began choking and I just flat out panicked."

"I'm sorry, I didn't think before acting out my script," she said with a half smile before heading to the bathroom to remove her clothes, she came back out in her bra and panties and reasonably clean.

"Looking good," he whistled while she twirled around to give him a show.

"Aren't I?" She preened from the complement.

"So how was your day?" he adjusted the phone to get a better angle.

"Horrible," she said sitting cross legged on her bed and facing the phone.

"Too much flesh," he winced, playfully covering his eyes. "Sorry," he apologized when she scowled at him, "what made your day horrible?"

"It's this new group of friends that I have surrounded myself with especially Trent, God! Trent pisses the hell out of me," she said with so much venom, missing the expression of fear that passed through his face.

"Do you like him?" He asked.

"What? No, eww, he's like so annoying I can't even deal with him," Pers face scrunched up with disgust and that seemed to make him relax until he realized who he was talking to.

"Is he hot?" He asked and she scoffed, staring at the phone for a while before smiling weirdly.

"I see no piercings, he's got a tattoo, he dyed his hair purple and has the best rock star body, so yeah he is super duper hot," she finished and watched as Ethan fell for the bait, sometimes she liked to play on his insecurities just to feel extra loved.

"Well, that was in no way unsettling, you sure you still love me eh?"

"No, I fell in love with this other idiot,"

"What!?" He played along, mock horror sprayed across his face.

"Relax, he's very cute and jealous and I'm talking to him right now, how was your gig?" She quickly changed the subject. Ethan paused for a while studying her face before responding.