CHAPTER SEVEN

Pers ran like crazy as a shadow pursued her. "Help me Adrian, help me!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Adrian was running beside her and he had the same scared expression on his face, "save yourself." He spat back, overtaking her. Pers watched his flat derriere and momentarily forgot she was in danger. She chuckled before picking up speed.

"What is chasing you two?" Aria asks but they ignore her, run straight into the house and shut the door loudly behind them. She shook her head mirthlessly at them, turning forward to see what had been chasing them only for her face to light up with a smile.

"Mangi!" she called happily as a wolf like creature with golden fur and a long slim tail jumped on her happily. Aria fell down with a loud 'oof,' the creature on top of her wagging its skinny tail.

Pers watched from the window as the exchange took place. "She knows the creature?" she asks bewildered.

“Yes, its her Mangi," Adrian replied biting into an apple.

"Then why were we running!?”

"Because Mangicus hate me, especially Mangi over there," he pointed to where Aria was making cooing noises at it.

“So you just made me run pointlessly?"

“See it as practice, you've added a tire around the middle," he said offhandedly which had Pers fuming beside him, tired of his insults she stalked out but soon thought better of it when Mangi growled at her angrily.

“Ah, back so soon," Adrian jabbed at her, "I see he hates us both then."

"I'm going home," she yawned tiredly, "Aria chain your dog I want to go home!" she shouted, poking her head through the window.

“He's a Mangicus not a dog!" Aria said defending her furry friend. "Go say hi Mangi." His ears perked up at the same time Adrian jumped on the table, Pers watched as Mangi used its nose to swiftly push the door handle and opened the door before majestically walking inside.

Mangi circled around Pers, sniffing her out before licking her feet and shining its sharp, white and pointed teeth at her. The smile looked very assassin like and didn't sit well with her.

"Don't worry, Mangi is a vegetarian," Aria said.

“Really?" Pers asked wide eyed, bending a little to ruffle behind it's ears.

“No," pers paused midair.

"What?" She asked in horror as Aria burst out laughing, holding her stomach at the gob smacked look on Pers' face.

“Not funny," she said bending down to rub behind its pointed ears, it closed its eyes contentedly before its ears perked up and it growled at Adrian who was thinking of getting off the table.

“Just let me go today Mangi," he pleaded and the assassin smile was back as Mangi stalked towards him like a predator watching its prey. "I won't eat meat for a year, I will shave my head," this seemed to stop Mangi in his tracks as he cocked his head to the side, contemplating, before it shook it as if to say no and continued to walk in circles around the table.

“That's okay Mangi, he must have gotten through mistakenly," Aria said.

“Not quite," a voice spoke startling them all.

“Do you have to keep doing that?" Adrian snapped at her.

“Yes I do.”

“What are you doing here Eria?" Aria frowned at her younger sister, hands crossed under her bossom.

“Well first, 'hello little sister, how are you?' and yes I'm doing fine, thank you for asking." Aria only rolled her eyes at the intruder before placing her hands on her hips waiting for an explanation.