CHAPTER 9

The sun beat down heavily on Pers as if to punish her for what she had done. A bead of sweat pooled in between her eyebrows and trickled down her nose. Pers wiped it in frustration and increased her pace, her brown boots hitting the paved ground, hers made a lot of sound while theirs barely made a sound.

"So basically my parents think I'm on a school trip?" She asked walking faster than she normally did to catch up with them. She stared at their feet. Even Sofia seemed to be walking like a soldier.

"Yes," came the monotonous reply that she had been getting for a while now.

"So you messed with my parents head?"

"Yes," she screeched in frustration, launching herself at Adrian's long legs, she held on to his waist. Adrian stopped and looked down at her. He was still mad that she showed up and it showed in his scowl.

"Guys can you slowly down," he said and the others halted except for Al who kept on walking, "slow down jackass!" He called.

Al paused and let out a heavy sigh of defeat. They had been walking for just five minutes and she could not even keep up. Even after camping in front of her window all night to ensure that she did not run away in the morning, she slept well while he did not. So he saw no reason why she was complaining and slowing everyone else down.

"You guys have to give me something to work with here, something other than yes and no and yes and no it's driving me nuts, and I am not a soldier or cadet or whatever you like to call yourselves. I am a frail bag of bones and tissue and would like to walk at a pace that will not make me feel like I am melting in this heat," she wanted.

Sofia for the first time since they started walking made eye contact with her.

"Hydrido can manipulate memories but can not erase them and after a while the..... let's just call it a spell wears off and the dammune feels something is not right so that's why we never do it unless in dire situations like this one."

"Eh?" Pers asked, confused about the explanation.

Sofia huffed as if it was taking all of her willpower not to insult Pers, "you asked earlier if we could erase memories because you obviously did not tell your mother about a school trip but yet here you are, going on one," she gestured to Pers, swallowing the urge to roll her eyes and spit on her.

"So if you can do that, why drag me into your life, why not just manipulate my brain into thinking something else happened, why did Adrian nearly make me piss myself when he threatened to erase my memory?" Trent laughed the moment she said piss and Pers glared at him.

"Because chaldean's like to complicate everything even if we can do it, but noooo, heaven forbid they ask for help especially from hydridians," Trent explained in a prejudiced manner.

"You're an asshole," Aria said pointing a finger at him. A blue glow was on her finger tips, ready to blast him when Al cleared his throat.

"We are in public, any use of your abilities will result in points being deducted from our teams performance." He paused before adding, "And we all know you use our technology more than we do," Al said.

"That's a lie," Trent growled rounding on him.

"According to statistics from the IUD daily it is true," Al said before motioning for them to continue walking but at a slower pace which was fine by Pers. She would have thanked him but she stifled the urge to owe a debt to a lion.

"IUD daily is biased, even sergeant Waterloo said so," Trent argued.

Pers paused which caused the others to also pause, a ghost of a smile gracing her thin lips. "I'm sorry there's a sergeant called Waterloo?"