story 15: The Battle of NYC~ loki X Avenger! reader

By;thelokiimaginechronicles on Tumblr
~~~~~~~~
Fighting the Chitauri was risky for you especially. Even the other non-powered Avengers- Clint, Natasha- had weapons. But you weren’t trained that way, and you were dropped into a Chitauri-filled New York with nothing but your fists, along with Stark and Steve in your earpiece.  You had learned pretty fast the well-placed punch to the center of the Chitauri’s faces would drop them. But the city was overrun, and you were soon backed into an alley. You frantically searched for a way out of the situation when five of the creatures began pressing you into a corner. Nothing to jump to, nothing to duck behind, to many to take on-

“Not this one.” a voice came from behind the aliens. You couldn’t see its owner, but you knew who it was when the monsters listened.

Loki.

The five split away, running out of the alley to destroy even more of the city you called home; and leaving you to the mercy of the God of Mischief.

“Y/N Y/L/N.” Loki grinned. “Oh, I did hope you would show up soon. You were quite a delight to meet,” he told you, referencing your interaction in the air carrier. Your eyes squinted. 

“Why did you do that?” you asked. “Those things had me cornered. One less mortal to waste your time on.”  Loki’s ever-present grin grew wider. “Well, pet,” he explained, tapping his scepter on the cement, “...I don’t mind your company. You’re so easy to string along- And unlike with Romanoff, my words seem to have quite an effect on you.” your fists clenched. Loki tilted his head. “Ah, see?” That was it. You lunged forward, throwing punches at Loki’s head, face, torso. He deflected them all, moving with more agility than anyone you had ever seen, let alone fought. His hand shot out and grabbed your wrist. He was so strong, so solid, that the grip froze your whole body. You tried to break away, but it was to no avail.

“Oh, sweet girl.” Loki yanked you forward, bringing your face mere inches away from his. “You’re pulling your punches,” he whispered, his fingers sliding down your arm. “It’s such a shame.” he tutted. “You’re not nearly as strong as they say. To add insult to injury, you’re much more beautiful than Romanoff. And yet, you don’t even get the title of- What do you Midgardians call it? Ah, yes.” Loki’s fingernails dug through the fabric of your S.H.I.E.L.D bodysuit. “ ‘Eye-candy.’ “ You let out a yell, and for just a minute, a look of fear passes through Loki’s face. But it’s gone as soon as it appears, and Loki’s hand moves from your arm. He slips it around your back, bringing you toward him so you press all up against him. His scepter stays in his other hand, but aside from that, every part of Loki is zeroed in on you.

“Oh, you scared me there,” he says. “But that anger, that’s not at me.” Loki angles his head so that when he talks, his lips brush the shell of your ear. “You know that I’m simply speaking the truth.” Loki laughs. “Here I am, God of Evil, and I’ve given you more attention, more credit, than those you call your comrades. My own opinion of you is higher than that of your leader’s. What do you think of that, pet?” You say nothing. Locked in Loki’s embrace, you keep your gaze at your feet. Loki seems as though he’s about to speak again when Stark’s voice comes through your earpiece.

“Y/N, what’s the situation down there?” he asks. Loki raises a finger to his lips. The action provides you with an opportunity to create distance between you two, but you stay put. “Y/N,” Tony asks. “Goddamnit. It shouldn’t be hard to answer when the device is in your head.” Tony doesn’t say anything after that. There are a few moments of silence when you’re standing, chest to chest with Loki, his fingers dancing around the small of your back. You should run from him.

“What was that about your opinion of me?” you ask, meeting Loki’s eyes. Loki smirks, and he then swings you against the brick wall. His eyes are wild, and he drops his weapon, his purpose, on the ground next to a dumpster. The notion astounds you- Loki has come to Earth with that weapon as his arsenal, he’s surely bargained for it. And still, he’s discarded it, his attention dedicated to you. Loki presses you against the bricks so your back is to him. His palm slides around you, caressing your stomach and cupping your breasts until he finds the zipper of your suit. He unzips your only layer of clothing with one fluid movement, gasping in your ear when he does.