Into the Light

A/N: Sorry it took so long to update guys! I've been super busy these past 5 years, but I'm back and ready to keep writing. I hope you like this chapter!

Hermione's POV:

"Ok, everyone just calm down for a moment. We can sort this out. There's got to be a rational way to deal with this" I said, trying - once again - to be the only rational one in the conversation.
"You want me to be rational? Oh yeah sure no problem. My boyfriend is probably dead because of your stupid wizard crap, but no I'll calm down" Piper retorted. I hadn't meant to anger her, because when is looking at things rationally not the solution?

"Ok, ok, that's not fair." Stated Harry, in a surprisingly calm, matter-of-fact tone.
"I'm very sorry that wizard magic hurt your boyfriend, but that wasn't our fault. And we can help you - if you let us." He added.

"Ok. Ok. Fine. I guess we do need all the help we can get." Percy said to Harry. But I could tell there was still a hint of doubt lingering in his sea green eyes.

"Good points all around." Bellowed Chiron.
"We have no idea what we're up against here, it could be gods, it could be wizard magic. If we work together, maybe we can save half blood. Maybe we can avenge Jason." He said, glancing towards Piper.

"Well then, we should start by making a plan. We can't just dive headfirst into that chasm. That would be a quick way to kill ourselves" I said, immediately forming a multitude of plans in my head.

"So what are we supposed to do? Is there any wizard magic that can protect us from the, what was it? The killing curse?" Percy asked, his face filled with a mix of worry and bravery.

"Unfortunately I don't think so." Replied Harry.
"Well, there is, but it's nothing we can access now" he added.

"I might just be able to help with that." A voice I had never heard echoed from behind us. A man stood, lurking in the shadows - who I swear had not been there before. Did they have invisibility cloaks here too?

"Apollo? What in the name of the gods are you doing here?" Chiron asked, with a great look of shock in his eyes.