Chapter 6 (Valentines Day)

Lees POV

I walked through the grounds of Konoha, trying to find Yamanaka flower shop, i eventually saw Ino opening up the shop, and sighed with relief, Gaara-kun was probably already awake and walking around by now, and i was eager to give him his gift, "Lee! You seem excited!" Ino said cheerfully as she set her arms on the counters, "Good morning Ino! and i am! I am getting some flowers for-" I cut myself off, remembering Gaara saying: "We shouldnt tell anyone yet."

Ino stared at me confused, "For...? Who? Im curious now!" I began sweating, i dont want to lie to Ino, but i cant tell anyone yet! i promised to Gaara-kun that i wouldnt tell anyone, he did so aswell. "Er.... Sakura?" I said worriedly, almost acting like it was a question, "Im pretty sure you stopped liking her awhile ago, Right?" Ino smiled mischievously and put her hands under her chin, I sighed, I have to tell Ino, dont i?

(yeAH DUMMY)

"The flowers are for... G-Gaara-kun..." I stuttered out, Ino smiled wide and clapped, dancing around, "I KNEW IT! I KNEWWWWW ITTTT!" she sang in a  upbeat tune, her hair flying around while she danced, "Okay, I'd love to ask about more, but, what flowers do you wanna get him? maybe roses?" Ino stopped dancing and practically fell over the counter, leaning extremely far. "Roses on their own are a bit too romantic, just some heather and amaryllis, please" I smiled and waited patiently for Ino to come back, in the waiting time i remembered how i spent weeks trying to remember the names of those flowers, and their meanings,

(for those wondering, Heather means admiratiom, beauty and solitude. Amaryllis means splendid beauty)

(yes i googled it shut up im no expert)

"Here they are! make sure he keeps them in some fresh water." Ino said, handing me the flowers happily, i smiled wide and gripped them tightly, "Have a good day, Lee!"

(QUICK PAUSE BC IM SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IM A DICK IM SORRY JDVJSJFNSNVN)

"You too, Ino!" I waved goodbye and walked out, immediately bumping into Gaara, "Ah! Gaara-Kun! I am sorry! Are you okay?" I said hurriedly and in a worried tone, "Im fine." Gaara said calmly, brushing some dust off his clothes, "Ah! Hang on..." I pulled the flowers out from behind my back.

Gaaras POV

"Ah! Hang on..." I saw some flowers peek out from behind lee, Immediately blushing, "Happy Valentines day, Gaara-Kun!" Lee beamed, "Lee... You didn't have to get those for me..." I looked at the ground and back at lee, he probably spent a lot of money to get flowers for me that i dont deserve. "Of course i had too! On valentines day you give people you love gifts!" Lee somehow smiled wider and put his arms around my torso for a hug, wrapping me tight but somehow being gentle, "....I love you." I quietly mumbled into Lee's chest, the corners of my mouth upturning slightly (dude its called smiling)

"I love you more, Gaara-Kun."