Chapter 7

"But yeah, they're the bestest best friends I could ever ask for." Peter finishes.

"I'm glad. They seem great, I'm sure they won't freak out that much." Loki says.

"Well yeah... I just have to figure out a way to tell them... and May..."

"Ah yes, well I'm sure they will except you no matter what. The way you describe them is quite sweet. I'm happy you have good people in your life."

Peter smiles. "Im happy you're in my life now.... wait a second does this make me a demigod? Cause you're like the god of mischief and tricks which is like so cool by the way."

"Aha, well yes I suppose it would mean you're a demigod."

"Awesome..." Peter mutters. "I go back to school tomorrow, it's gunna be so weird..."

"How so?"

"Well, usually people don't change this much over 3 days, what if I can't hide my new powers?" Peter says, now realizing some new consequences.

"Well id say that they can fuck off, and use your powers if necessary. It shouldn't be that hard, unless that place is designed specifically to endanger you and stress you out."

"I just hope Flash leaves me alone..." Peter mutters.

"Flash? What a horrendous name, who on earth would name their child after a verb?" Loki asks.

Peter laughed. "His real name is Eugene. Flash is his nickname."

"That's even worse. Anyway, what's up with this Eugene kid?"

"Eh he just thinks he better then everyone, especially me." Peter explains.

"Well, I'm not saying you should use your powers on him, but if you feel like you shoul, you should. Maybe it'll make his verb nicknamed self fall back in his place."

Peter giggled. "I'll keep that in mind."

"So Peter, I was thinking, would you want to actually get together out side of here? In real life maybe? You know, uh normal ish father son things? I'm not sure what those would be but I'm sure your presence would make anything all right to me."

"Sounds great. I should probably be going on patrol soon, you know Spider-Man and stuff..."

"Ah yes I got some intel on that from Stark, it sounds very interesting. Well, good luck!"

"Thanks. For everything. Talk to ya later."

"Bye, Peter."

———
Monday.

Peter sighed and ran out the door before he said goodbye to May, so he wasn't late.

He had forgot to grab his beanie, so covering up was kinda down the drain.

Damn.

He walked into school, head down, and went straight towards his and Ned's locker.

"Heyo." Peter greets.

"Thank god you're here. You have to know that I will never stop talking until you tell me what's up with you."

"You do that anyway, Ned."

Ned opens his mouth to say something but the bell rings and they file into their class.

MJ is already there, and Peter can feel her eyes burning a hole through his skull.

This continues until lunch.

Peter takes a cautious bite of his mashed potatoes. He looks at MJ. She glares back.

"Ok jeez I can't take it anymore!" He says throwing his hands up in the air.

MJ smirks.

"You really want to know what's going on?"

Ned nodded enthusiastically, MJ muttering a "no fucking duh"

"Ok ok.... uh ok how do I say this..."

Ned was at the edge of his seat, MJ was practically too.

"I... met my dad?" He says, unsure of his words.

"... I thought your dad was... dead?" MJ says monotonously.

"I thought that too." Peter admits.

"Do we get to meet him?" Ned asks, tone of excitement in his voice.

"Of course... one day. I'm seeing him soon. We've been talking though... on the... phone..."

"What's he like?" MJ asks.

"Not what you would think. But he seems really cool."

"That doesn't really explain your sudden change in appearance." Ned points out.

"Well uh, he has black hair. So maybe genetics kicked in? And uhh the eyes... I think a weird disease runs in my family...but I'm ok though. Super ok. Maybe the blue skin was just a trick of the light..." Peter badly explains.

MJ gives him a skeptical look and reaches her hand out to touch his cheek again.

He backs away. "Your hands are always so cold MJ." He complains, laughing slightly.

She rolls her eyes. "Something else is going on, I can tell. We'll get it out of you soon enough. Don't feel pressure I guess. Anyway, when are you seeing him?" MJ asks.

"Uhh I'm not sure. I'll... call him later." Peter says.

"Aren't you excited?" Ned asks, a tone of excitement his voice. "Cause I'm excited for you."

"Yeah I am. It was unexpected, but I'm glad." Peter says.

"Good." MJ says, eyeing him suspiciously.

Peter gives her a look back.

The bell rings and they go back to their classes.

After school

Peter puts on his suit and does his usual parole.

It was pretty quiet today, and it felt strange after what happened with the robbers before, but he had to keep up the schedule.

He was about to go home when he got a text.

MJ =P: saw you near my place, come over im bored.

Peter sent a simple '👌' back.

He noticed the coffee shop around the corner was still open, and he had some cash on him..
so logically, he got some tea for MJ and a triple shot mocha for him, he got a discount, since he was still in the suit.

He took a photo with the barista, and swung around the corner to MJs apartment window.

It was already open, so he slipped in.

"MJ?" He asked quietly, scanning the dark room.

She walked into the room a few seconds later, something in hand.

A box of donuts.

"Hey." she said.

"Hi." Peter returned, giddily.