The Beginning (Again)

"I'll return and change Abeno-san's fate."

I'll return...

But, why to this moment?!

Ashiya Hanae found himself walking home from the convenience store, carrying a plastic bag with a bottle of juice inside it.

This is no doubt the very first moment...

!!!

Fuzzy.

A ball of white fur is lying on the sidewalk. It looks like a doll with three tails on it. The condition of the doll is certainly not that of a loved one.

"This is the first time I have ever seen yokai in my life. Fuzzy is the one who brings me into this world... And then..."

After a couple of times winding up in the nurse office, I found Abeno-san's exorcism service and called him. From then on, I became an employee of Mononokean...

Come to think of it, why am I thrown back to this moment? There are many ways to revert the result of the war. In fact, I may even stop it before anything happens, or at least, I will know when the spear was going to fly and push Abeno-san out of the way.

"And then?"

Suddenly, another voice spoke. A familiar voice of his father's. It seems like Ashiya is having more conversation for the last few hours than he ever had for his whole life. Or days... or years... now that Ashiya's been thrown back into time, he doesn't want to delve too deep into that logic.

"This power... you cannot wield and choose yourself the time that you want to be warped back, it devours your wish and throw you back to the most correct moment to be. There must be something right now that can create a chain of change in fate. Something that will certainly bring you to the wish you so dearly hold on to.", after half-muttering and half-explaining to Hanae, Sakae went quiet for a moment, giving Ashiya a moment to think.

"That said, I'm sleepy. I'm going to sleep for a while, so figure this out yourself."

Eh?!

EEEEEEEEEEEEH?!

"Wait, hold on a sec- you can't just go to sleep. D-", Ashiya stopped at that moment. It suddenly sank in that he never actually refer to his Dad as... Dad. It feels very awkward  to address him so. It makes sense, but it still feels weird.

"Ugh... I don't really know exactly what am I supposed to do. There is the fact that I can't change: I can see yokai. I don't see how not being able to see will help Abeno-san at all. Me being an employee had also helped Abeno-san a lot...", Ashiya stopped at the thought of help.

Help... =_="

1. I caused Abeno-san to open the portal to the Underworld twice a day a few times.

2. I made him worry and take up jobs when I could have helped because of the Executive.

3. I went around Underworld, causing disturbance and even made Abeno-san defy the Executive.

I wonder if I was actually helping at all aside from causing trouble and making Abeno-san's position as the Master of Mononokean at risk.

Ashiya almost pass out from the overloading of information he has right now and he still hasn't figured out what to do with Fuzzy that is still lying dormant on the sidewalk. Fuzzy is most probably sleeping, it's nighttime after all and he's probably tired from chasing humans here and there.

"Ah.", Ashiya suddenly thought of something. While he bears the body of 3 years back, he now has the mental strength he had when he was 21. He crouched down next to the furball and lifted his hand lit in blue light.