| PROLOGUE |

Prologue. 

*

"It was in his smile, 

that you could see the sun. 

It was in his words, 

that you could see his mind. 

It was in his poise, 

that you could see his upbringing. 

And it was in his silence, 

that you could feel the pain."

-2am- 

*

"I have decided!"

Everyone turned their heads to the queen of the house, Qaidah Zaeef, who looked radiant with happiness.

"Decided what?" questioned Aahil, her husband.

Everyone's keen ears were on her.

"It's time Yazdan also gets married"

And all eyes turned to Yazdan.

The poor fellow squirmed in his seat. He knew his mother was right but somewhere in his heart, he knew he would not marry anytime soon. Not until she says yes.

The oldest, Kayan, cheered holding up the glass of what seemed like milk, up. The little boy in his arms let out a whine. Kayan quickly placed the glass back infront of him and he smiled.

"Kayan, I think he has had enough" stated his wife and Kayan nodded, putting the glass away and then holding up the baby boy up so that he could stand up.

"Where is Kashaf?" questioned Qaidah and Amyrah turned to answer her.

"He's sleeping ma." she replied, rubbing her forehead. Qaidah smiled at her daughter-in-law. She knew that Amyrah was still young and experiencing many things at once and that it was all too new to her. She was proud that Amyrah and Kayan were able to handle business as well as family together and that their oldest son, Mohammed Kashaaf Zaeef who was two years old and the second son, Mohammed Kayvaan Zaeef, who was around 7 months old, were both given parental care and love like she hoped they would. Adding onto the fact that the two were the only kids in the family, they were pampered.

"Alright then, put Kash to sleep then we will discuss"

-

Yazdan set there, in the middle of conversations that would either ruin his life or make it better. He also knew that if he was to be betrothed to someone else, a certain human would create world war III. Something that he did not want.

And the more he thought about marriage and children and family, the more he became anxious about the whole ordeal. He understood what it meant. Marriage did not simply mean getting married to a girl and having children and satisfying your desires with her. No. It meant a life time commitment, a long promised love and affection, sharing his whole world with her and she would be a part of him forever, and he prayed that he was granted a good spouse.

He sighed and pushed the stray long hairs past his face.

His mother saw that and let out an aggravated sigh.

"And him. Look at him! He looks like he just walked out of some ancient city! Long hair, okay nice beard but long hair still." She scolded him.

Yazdan shrugged. He loved his hair. It was long at the top and the sides were faded. His dark beard, that was nearly trimmed, along with his hair gave him a rugged yet handsome look.