Chapter 2: Makin' a Splash in Italy

Okay, I have got to say that I am completely surprised by the amount of responses I got to posting the first chapter. Seriously! I've got over sixty people following this story which is a miracle in itself. So guys thank you for the awesome turnout and I hope you enjoy this next chapter. It's short obviously, but Amber does meet one of her mates. Hopefully, I'll get a longer chapter out for the next one.

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight or any other recognizable works. Or the cute book version picture of Marcus or the background music video. Sadly.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Welcome to Italy, the historic country that was home to the Roman Empire and many other historical massacres as well as the birthplace of my newest headache. Yeah, not the greatest place to send a gal with the ability to sense chaos.

In any matter, thanks to my abilities, I made sure to stay well away from places like the interior of the Roman Colosseum as well as Pompeii and its general surrounding area as well as other similar places, knowing I was more than likely to drive myself nuts that way. Seriously, even after hundreds of years, many of the area's that were notorious for bloodshed were still hotspots for a chaos overdose for me.

Don't get me wrong, it's kind of neat to see history in motion in a very realistic setting, but, again, I still run the risk of doing more harm to myself in doing so.

Anyways, after a couple inspiring days each in Rome, Naples, and a couple other touristy locations near those, I was now standing in the city of Volterra where I would spend a couple days in before heading to Pisa then later Florence, Verona, and Venice.

Honestly, it was quite a beautiful city that seemed almost timeless in some ways. Many of the buildings were hundreds of years old, yet they were still more or less intact today. The stonework holding strong despite the time worn age they showed, and they were still able to house the people of today (with a little refurbishing of course). Roman engineering really is a spectacular thing.

If that wasn't enough, the people inside the city proved to be something of a marvel as well. Apparently, it was quite renowned for its safety too since crime rates here were at an all-time low. I almost wondered if I should take some notes for my bosses from when I returned to the States.

So far, I had already seen most of the sights like the Volterra Cathedral, the Etruscan Acropolis, the Medici Fortress, and Palazzo dei Priori. My favorite so far had to have been the wide-open area called the Roman Theatre of Volterra as I had fun closing my eyes and imagining all the colorful events that took place there and the delighted reactions of the crowd watching. This place wasn't as heavily tainted by horrors and bloodshed I saw on an almost daily basis no matter where I went.

In any event though, after a day of considerable walking and talking in Italy's native tongue as I toured, my throat practically screamed that it was freaking parched.

However, by the time I had found a small café to have lunch at, it was noon and every table was occupied, including the ones outside, despite the ominous cloud front that had just rolled in and obscured the sun.

Of course, me being who I was, I wasn't about to let that stop me from enjoying myself. I was just going to have to make friends.

Looking around, my eyes landed on the perfect person. There, not forty feet away, a very handsome man stood. But that wasn't what caught my attention, as he was surrounded by a mob of giggling tourist girls who were obviously too close for comfort. And if his body language was anything to go off of, he was in desperate need of a rescue; the corners of his lips kept straining with the need to frown. Many of the girls crowding around the dark-haired man, who I guessed to be about my age, didn't seem to be taking any of the hints the man was dropping about wanting to be left alone, invading his personal space in ways that, had it been me in his place, would have earned each and every one of them a new application of makeup in the color tones of black and blue.