BEING A HERO SUCKS

It happened again. After the war the seven were recognized for their acts of bravery, their achievements. But nobody noticed the one keeping them all together, trying to hold together both families and making sure they don't fall apart.

It was all Nico could do from lashing out at them. But from the years of helping and not getting the recognition he deserved, he eventually got used to it. Besides, he didn't do it for the gifts or glory. He did it because he didn't have anything else left to live for, and he wanted to make sure everybody else did.

He didn't care, that's what he thought at first. But as time went on he just kept getting angrier and angrier. Nobody knew. Nobody asked. Going through Tartarus alone and then having to shadow travel across the world just to stop a war from breaking out took a bigger toll on him than he thought.

He was exhausted, tired of being pushed around. Tired of helping and getting nothing in return. Sons of Hades never got recognized unless they did something evil. Hell, he did something evil, but there are only two people who know about it. Watching how he stripped away mortal flesh and turning them into a pale soul must have scared them enough to not want to say anything. At least, that's what he thought.

He was never good at dealing with other people, or even socializing successfully. He always ended up alone eventually...

Nico sighed as his thoughts came to an end when he heard a growl. He was in downtown New York wearing a black shirt, black jeans, combat boots, and his silver ring. He even wore his cloak that he got for his birthday not that long ago, it was from Thanatos. And no, it couldn't turn you invisible.

He knew that monsters would eventually catch up to him, but he didn't think that it would be so soon.

"Hello demigod sssssscum. Hmm a sssssson Of hadessssss too," A dracaena(sp?) hissed at him.

He turned fully to see three more hellhounds, a hydra, and four more dracaena. Could his luck get any worse?

"What do you want?" He asked as he unsheathed his Stygian Iron sword.

"Jussst thought that we could ssstop for a sssnack," Another one hissed at him. Nico mentally groaned as he took his stance.

The hellhounds charged first, their patience running thin, and Nico quickly sliced through two. He turned to face the last one as it pounced on top of him but he made a quick move to stab it in the stomach, right as it was about to bite his face off.

After the small victory he shadow travelled behind the rest, making the street lights flicker as it was near midnight. He stepped out of the shadow, a bit wobbly and still a bit tired from his last trip from camp to where he was now.

The monsters huddled in a group back to back, which was weird considering how unorganized they usually are. Well, that's what the dracaena did, as for the hydra, it just breathed fire in all direction. Trying to find its victim.

Nico quickly ducked behind a car as the flames got near. Nearly searing off his eyebrows. He was already exhausted and he knew he couldn't fight off the rest of these monsters alone.

He did the best next thing, he ran. Nico ran for his dear life, he even got on top of roofs. When he reached the edge on top of one building, he tripped.

Which made him lose his momentum to jump to the other building. The dracaena slithered toward him to the point where he could look over his shoulder, and fall directly in the hydras' mouth.