Chapter 2

"*[you]?!"
Sans calling your name snaps you out of your thoughts.

"oh! Um..if you have ketchup does that mean you have fries?"
Fries are all you could think of at the moment when it came to something that someone would eat with ketchup.

Grillby nods, you figure that you must've been somewhat correct that grillby doesnt talk or at least doesnt talk much.

"Hey grillbs mind getting her some fries?"
Sans didn't really ask if you wanted them, but never the less Grillby walks off, presumably to get the fries.

Once grillby brings the fries, you politely eat them as to not start an argument in the flaming mans establishment.
(sorry if your allergic to potatoes or salt)
As your eating sans tries to ask you something, but before he can utter a word you hold your pointer finger up signaling for him to wait until you can properly speak with him. (essentially once your done eating)
Once you do finish eating, your pointer finger drops, signifying that your now open to conversation.

"So Ive been wondering why your so calm.."
He seems to be genuinely curious about this.

"What do you mean?"
You wonder why he would've thought you wouldnt be calm.

"what I mean is that your underground, surrounded by monsters, and your just acting like its all completely normal?"
His confusion now makes some sense...considering you dont know what normal is.

"Oh, is it not normal?"
Your quite curious as to what is deemed 'normal'.

"What do you mean is it not normal? Aren't you a human?"
He seems even more confused than before.

"Well...maybe?"
You honestly aren't sure..

"what do you mean by 'maybe'?"
He seems a bit on edge..

"well, I dont remember anything before falling...I mean, sometimes I will be reminded of something..but i cant ever recall the when where and why, only what it is, or bits and pieces of what happened.."
Your a bit worried about the less cheerful atmosphere between the both of you.

"So your saying that even if it isnt normal you would have no reason to think so."
He seems not as tense now as he was just a second ago.

"well, most likely.."
The situation has now become awkward for you.

"well do you know if your non violent?"
Sans takes the conversation to a more interrogative route, considering the topic enables him to do so.

"um..well, I haven't hurt anything or anyone that I know of..so probably?"
Your not lying seeing as you haven't harmed anyone since falling down here.

It seems to put Sans a tad bit on ease, but you can still sense some lingering distrust towards you.

It makes sense considering he has no way of knowing what kind of person you are, seeing as you dont even know..
For a second Sans looks as if he is about to say something but stops himself.
Deciding instead to retreat into thought and analyze the situation in his head in order to figure out what to do next..
After awhile he seems to come to a conclusion.

"well, since you haven't sinned yet, I guess you get a pass on a bad time."
His conclusion is not what you were expecting, much less does it make sense.
You dont bother having him explain.
"so do you have a place to stay?"
His change of the topic of conversation is quickly noticed by you.

You cant help but wonder what might have been going through his head when he asked you about your living arrangements, seeing as he seems to be trying to conceal a blush. However, despite his efforts a little bit of blue is dusted on his cheek bones.