Ch. 2

"No!" Cat Noir screamed as he watched his love sail away from him and hit the ground.

"Ladybug!" He called to her. She did not stir. Cat Noir's heart was ripped out of his body. Overcome with newfound anger, he screamed and ran at Sonic. He swung his staff wildly at the villain, who easily deflected the blow. He whacked at him again and again, trying to punish him for hurting Ladybug. Finally, sense entered his being once more, and he ran and slid under Sonic's legs. The giant was strong but not agile. Cat Noir stood and turned. He used his staff to trip up Sonic as the burly giant turned. The giant fell hard on his back and a whoosh of air left his lungs. The onlookers cheered. Cat Noir brought his staff high. He knocked the giant out.

He immediately ran to Ladybug and knelt by her side.

"Milady?" He paused, waiting for a response, but none came. "Bugaboo?" Still, there was no response. Tears rimmed Cat Noir's eyes as he leaned over the fallen body of his only love.

The citizens of Paris gasped and cried out to their fallen hero.

Ladybug stirred. She opened her blue bell eyes. Cat Noir looked into them, and a shuddering sob of relief racked his body. He pulled her close.

"I thought I lost you, Ladybug."

"Not this time, Cat Noir."

"Not anytime as long as I'm around." He looked her over. "Are you okay? That fall was pretty hard, even for a ladybug."

"I'm fine, Kitty." She pulled away from him and stood. She wobbled for a moment, her hand involuntarily going to her head. Then she stood straight. Sonic also stood, and he glared at them. Ladybug leaned down and took up the fishing rod that had fallen from her hand.

"Let's finish this, Cat Noir."

He nodded. We're coming for you akuma!

Ladybug ran to Sonic. Cat Noir noticed that she was more wary of where her feet landed. He followed close behind, watching where his feet fell with each step. Ladybug cast the fishing rod at Sonic. The hook went sailing forward and snagged on his sweatband. Ladybug pulled, and the hook ripped through the fabric. The broken piece of clothing fell off his wrist, and an akuma flew out of it's remains.

"No more evil doing for you little akuma. Time to de-evilize!" Ladybug captured the akuma with her yoyo. "Bye bye little butterfly." She said as she released the newly white butterfly. "Miraculous ladybug!" She threw the fishing rod into the sky, and the broken concrete mended itself.

Cat Noir smiled. "Can't say I hate to see that villain go, Bugaboo."

Ladybug shook her head. "I hate to say it, but I think I'll have to agree with you this once, Kitty."

Cat Noir smiled. Ladybug's miraculous beeped.

"Got to go, Kitty. Until next time." She was about to throw her yoyo into the air when Cat Noir grabbed her wrist.

"Are you sure you're okay, Ladybug? That giant hit you pretty hard."

"I'm fine, Cat Noir."

He nodded and reluctantly let her hand go. He watched her sail over the rooftops.

You're one of a kind Ladybug. An amazing, beautiful, one of a kind.

Cat Noir turned away from Ladybugs retreating form and ran off to transform back.