Ch. 5

Marinette was feeling quite miserable. She had made it through another day of school. Her head hurt something awful, she couldn't remember some details of the school day, and she felt nauseous after lunch.

She was currently sitting in the bathroom, praying that she didn't upchuck.

"Marinette, you need to see a doctor." Tikki said worriedly.

Marinette shook her head. "What exactly am I supposed to tell them, Tikki? A super angry bad guy threw me halfway across Paris. Oh yeah, and I'm Ladybug." Instantly she felt bad about being rude.

"Sorry, Tikki. I'm just not myself this moment."

Tikki's sky blue eyes were laced with worry.

"Is it even possible to feel the injuries I get when I'm Ladybug? I thought I was pretty much invincible in that suit."

"You're only human, Marinette. No superhero is invincible. Not even Ladybug."

Marinette nodded, and regretted the action as her head was racked with another wave of pain.

"I'm going to go to the clinic. I can get some Tylenol, then I'll feel better. I should've done that in the first place."

"Are you sure that will cure you?"

"I'm sure, Tikki. I just hit my head real hard. Some Tylenol and a little R&R should do the trick."

Marinette left the bathroom and walked to the clinic. She opened the door. She walked up to the nurse and asked for some Tylenol after explaining her illness. The nurse gave her the medicine. She swallowed the small pill and went back to class.Two hours passed before the school day was over, and by then she was feeling like a whole new person.

After the bell rang Alya and Marinette walked out of the classroom together.

"I can't wait for the movie tonight!" Alya exclaimed. "A whole entire movie about the heroes of Paris, Ladybug and Cat Noir!"

"I can't wait either! This will be a very interesting movie." Marinette said.

"Totally."

"Do you know if Adrien is still coming?" Marinette ventured to ask.

Alya shrugged. "Not sure. Nino hasn't told me he isn't, so I suppose he is. Why don't you go ask him?"

"What, me ask Adrien? Nuh uh, no way. You know I freeze up!"

"Well you won't stop freezing up until you get some practice in! Look, here he comes with Nino, go ask!"

"No way. I..." Before Marinette finished her thought Alya pushed her toward Adrien. Her head swam with pain once more after Alya shoved her. Too soon she found herself looking into Adriens friendly face. He's so cute!

"Hi, Marinette!" Adrien said with a smile.

"H-hi Adrien." Marinette stammered. Nino left Adrien and went to go talk to Alya, but Marinette hardly noticed. Adrien and Marinette stood in awkward silence for a moment.

Adrien was the first to break the silence. "Are you excited for the movie tonight, Marinette?"

He said my name! "Yeah, t-totally." Marinette replied. "Are you st-still coming? Not-that-I-don't-you-to-come, I just... w-wanted to make sure you... c-come." Marinette touched the fingertips of her index fingers together; it had become a nervous habit of hers.

"Yeah, Dad hasn't said no yet. Let's just hope it stays that way." He winked at her. Marinette felt her heart flutter. Adrien asked, "what do you think the movie will be like? I wonder what villains will be in it."