Chapter 4 - It's all about you.

You had decided to go back to the Salvatores home with them, Damon had said there was something they needed to discuss with you. You were nervous, your heart pounding hard against your rib cage, as though it was trying to escape the confinement of your chest. You clambered out of the car and followed Stefan and Damon into their home.

"So, Princess." He poured himself a bourbon, "I know all about your family. I also heard a terrifying rumour that at the precious age of 4 you murdered your sister in cold blood." He smirked before sipping the alcohol.

"What?" You attempted to play coy.

"I don't think..." Stefan tried to come to your defence but he was quickly cut off by his brother.

"That's your problem, you see a pretty girl and you don't think. You don't think about the whys or the what's or the who's. Is it true? And remember I can tell when you lie, your little heart beats faster than ever!" He smiled, there was something about his smile that made your stomach turn - and not in a good way.

"It's..." you closed your eyes, you didn't want to admit this, you didn't want to tell them because when you did, you knew they'd ask if you were still a vampire... they would ask questions and they would find a way to get their answers.
"True. It's true." You felt hot tears prick your eyes, you saw the shock on Stefan's face, the smile on Damon's face widened.

"And is it true that you were turned into a vampire and that's why you killed her?" He sat down on the sofa, crossing his legs and smirking with such arrogance.

"Yes." You gritted your teeth.

"Good girl. And is it true..."

"Yes its all true! I was compelled by a vampire, he figured out who my family was and wanted to punish them by turning their precious 4-year-old daughter into a monster!" You sobbed. You couldn't help it, the tears wouldn't stop. "I fed on my sister but my father stopped me, my mother and he... they tied me up with vervain ropes thinking it would be enough - I was a child. It should have been enough." You clenched your fists so tight that your nails dug into the palms of your hand.
"It wasn't enough. I escaped and ripped my sister's throat out. My father searched far and wide whilst I was locked in a basement for a year, being fed blood from a fucking juice box." You sat on the sofa, you forced yourself to calm down, you weren't crying tears of sadness, it was more like frustration. That everything you had worked so hard to keep secret, for years and years, was crashing down before you.
"My father found a witch in New Orleans, she had created a cure to use on some vampire creature called Klaus, but my father paid her a lot of money so she gave it to him for me instead." You sighed. "She warned him, I would have the cure in my blood forever, unless I was completely drained, but that would be fine as the vampire who drained me would age so quickly they would die within a week." You looked at Damon with angry eyes, the smirk had gone and instead, he looked genuinely concerned.
"Now I have to deal with vampires chasing me because they've all heard of the elusive cure." You stand up, ready to leave.
"Happy now? You dick." You made your way to the living room. "If you want to be human, fine. I'll drain some of my blood for you into a capsule, but if you tell anyone who I am or what I have in my blood - I will burn you alive." You hiss, Stefan followed you as you left.

"Wait, (Y/N)!" He grabbed your hand, "Damon wanted the cure for Elena. She's a terrible vampire really, she hates it. She longs to be human once more. He just wants to make his girlfriend happy." Stefan said softly.

"Doesn't everybody want something to make someone in their lives happy?" You shrug your shoulders and pull your hand free. "Now he knows and you know. I'm in danger. I can't stay here in mystic falls anymore!" You walked towards the main road to start your journey home.

"We will protect you!" Stefan followed you. "Let me drive you home. It's not safe at night." He said opening his car doors. He was right, it wasn't safe at night and with it being a full moon you knew there was a lot of supernatural energy you wouldn't be able to fight. Defeated, upset and confused you climbed into the car with Stefan and let him drive you home.

~~~
Back at the Salvatores home, Damon and Stefan discussed what to do about the information they had just learned about you. You were safely at home away from the conversation, tossing and turning trying to sleep.

"I'll give Elena some of the cure, I don't care as long as she is happy." Damon shrugged.

"But word will get out. People will wonder how she was cured!" Stefan said. He couldn't understand why his brother couldn't see things from his point of view too.

"I'll tell them it was the Bennett witch." Damon smiled, Stefan rolled his eyes. "You don't care about that though, you care about putting the princess in danger," Damon smirked as he grabbed a glass and poured some bourbon into it. He sipped it slowly, his eyes staring at his brother.

"She's been running her whole life, it's not fair on her Damon." Stefan sighed. "What if we get (Y/N) to come over tomorrow, You, Elena and I will sit down with her and talk about our options?" He suggested.

"We can talk about it all we want, I'm getting that cure for Elena." Damon frowned.

"How did you find out about the cure?" Stefan asked as Damon shifted in his seat.

"An ancient lore would you believe?" Damon tried to laugh it off but Stefan glared at him, "Staring is rude, brother."

"So is lying," Stefan said, he leaned back on the sofa and sighed. "Damon, how did you find out?"

"Klaus." Damon shrugged.

"Klaus, the man who wants to kill us?" Stefan frowned.

"No, he wanted to kill human Elena. This helps him too doesn't it?" Damon had a look on his face that made your stomach swirl with nerves.

"Look, today has been overwhelming. I've basically spilt a secret I never wanted to tell, I've realised my new home is riddled with supernatural creatures and now you want to use me for your own personal gain." You snapped, you had really had enough. Damon just wanted to use you for your blood, which would have been understandable if you were a normal human. But it wasn't. He wanted to use you for the cure, which if someone drank too much it could kill you.

"Nobody will hurt you, (Y/N) I promise you. We need to talk about this though, with you. We don't want to talk about you, we want you to have a say in all this, it's your life after all. If you decide we can take a sample of your blood to cure Elena then great. If not, then we will have to find another way, its simple." Stefan smiled at you reassuringly, you felt your stomach swirl nervously. Was it the way Stefan smiled at you? Or was it the sense of impending danger that seemed to be on the horizon?