Chapter 13 - Epilogue 2

Fastening the helmet tightly, you climbed onto the back of Stefans bike, you wrapped your arms around his waist tightly.

"Where to next?" You smiled, you had recently been to Arizona after coming back from a trip to California. Stefan had asked if you wanted to go on a road trip. You said yes. You had been to most of the west coast by now.

"I'm thinking Texas, then we will make our way to Oklahoma." Stefan turned back to face you. "Hold on tight!" He smiled as he started the bike up, the engine roared as the bike began to speed down the empty road, the wind tousling your hair, the trees zoomed by as green blurs.

"Tired?" Stefan asked you, groggily you lifted your head, the last thing you remembered was driving down a quiet road... you glanced at your surroundings...

The sun was just beginning to dip behind the horizon, the clouds a mixture of red and amber hues, the sea below was glimmering in the limited sunshine, the waves lapping at the rocks below. You were at some sort of beach?

"I noticed you were getting tired so I pulled over here and let you sleep." Stefan smiled at you, he offered you a bottle of water which you gladly accepted. "It's beautiful here isn't it?"

"It really is." You said in between your gulps of water. You watched Stefan face the sunset, you stood beside him.

"It's nice, being here with you, not worrying about whether I'd hurt you or not. It's nice knowing that on my birthday next month, I'll grow older..." Stefan looked pensive, you wrapped your hand in his, you could see him smile from the corner of your eye.

"It is nice, I'm happy that you're happy." You smiled.

"There is something that would make me even happier..." Stefan smirked, he let go of your hand and turned to face you. "(Y/N) you were the cure, not just the cure in general but you were my cure. You freed me from the curse that I was trapped in for what could have been an eternity, you freed me." Stefan clasped his hands around yours. "If I hadn't of met you, I'd probably still be trapped in that curse, fighting with other vampires to protect Mystic Falls, but now?" Stefan let go of your hand for a moment. "Now, I get to love each day like its my last with the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on." You felt the heat rise to your cheeks.
"So, (Y/N) I was wondering if you would do me the greatest honour, in spending the rest of our lives together? Without you, my life isn't complete, I want my best friend, my soulmate by my side, for the eternity I have left." Stefan pulled out a silver handed ring, three gems sat at the top of it, they were your favourite. "So what do you say? Will you let me love you for the rest of my life?"

You couldn't speak at first, the streams of sunlight blinded you momentarily, your mouth went dry. He wanted to marry you? You felt overwhelmed with emotion. You'd never really thought about marriage but after hearing Stefan say those words to you...

"Of course I will silly." You beamed as he slipped the ring on your finger. "We could spend forever together if we weren't married, but forever sounds even better with you as my husband." You felt Stefans hot breath on your ear as he kissed your cheek.

"(Y/N) Salvatore, it has a ring to it doesn't it?" Stefan smirked.

"Quite literally!" You held up your hand, the gems twinkling in the sunlight. Stefan chuckled as he wrapped his arms around you, you placed your head on his chest and looked out towards the sea and the sky. Mystic Falls seemed to be in your past but Stefan... he was your future.