.7.

Kayden.

I woke up, not remembering falling asleep, no dreams, just waking up to a pure medicated feeling.

I sat up, seeing everyone in the room asleep, the sound of their snores and a fan the only thing making noise.

I saw that it was still dark outside through the now closed curtains.

After quietly looking around for a few seconds I found my phone, grabbing it from the table and unlocking it.

I responded to text messages from my teammates and friends, along with scrolling through Twitter.

When I had nothing else to do, I locked my phone back seeing that it was almost four in the morning.

I set my phone on the bedside table, laying back down.
I couldn't sleep to save my life.

I looked around the room for awhile, looking for anything to occupy my time.

I looked to my socks, seeing my swollen ankle, before moving to my knee where the brace was along with three melted ice packs.

I took one of the ice packs, starting to play with the liquid.

It wasn't doing anything else so might as well occupy my mind.

I saw movement from Luke, hearing a small laugh, making me look to him.

"It's supposed to be on your knee" he whispered, moving to me, sitting beside my hip.

"It's not cold" I spoke back, seeing him smile, taking it from my hands.

"Do you remember me?" He asked, making me immediately laugh.

"How could I forget Luke Hemmings?" I spoke, making an even bigger smile break through his face.

"How have you been?" He asked.

I laughed, glancing to my knee
"I've certainly been better"

"How did you not see a big ass hole in the ground?" He laughed out.

"I swear, it was never there before" I spoke, making him laugh harder as I smiled to him.

"Moms okay?" He asked.

I gave a nod
"She still not working but she got a boyfriend." I spoke, making his eyebrows raise.

"How do you feel about that?" He asked.

"He's not my favorite human being" I spoke, seeing him nod.

"I wouldn't expect that"

After talking back and forth for several minutes, a small alarm went off- almost immediately waking every doctor in the room.

Light ass sleepers.

Ashton looked to his phone- immediately getting up and jogging out of the room.

This caused Calum and Michael to let out slow stretches before Michael's eyes focused to me.

"Why are you awake?" He spoke tiredly.

"Can't sleep" I shrugged out.

"Do you feel any pain?" He asked, sitting up to focus fully to me.

"No" I spoke simply, seeing him nod, standing and flicking a lamp on, focusing to my knee.

"Got some bad swelling- I was hoping that would've went down by now" He spoke, moving to a closet where he pulled out a pillow- carefully propping my knee.

"She's okay?" Michael asked Luke- looking skeptically between us.

"Yeah- yeah" Luke dismissed quickly.

"We know each other, she's an old friend" Luke spoke, smiling as he looked to me.

"I'm glad to see that she actually talks"