.15.

"So why didn't you text me back before yesterday?" He asked, glancing between me and the road.

"Just wasn't on my phone" I spoke, seeing him nod.

"How's that knee feeling?" He asked, looking to the brace.

"It's good, it starts hurting after a little while, but-" "that's probably because you still walk to school even though we told you no to" Luke spoke, a smug smile on his face.

"If I had a choice in walking or not- I don't think I'd walk to school everyday, Lucas" I smiled, seeing him glance, his smile prominent on his face.

"I guess you're right, why didn't your parents do as we said?"

"They don't do much of what anyone says" I spoke, leaning my head against the seat.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"I don't know" I lied.

We got to the hospital and like it was almost a broke habit that we started again, I grabbed his arm, letting him lead me.

He led me through the familiar hallways, into a room where Calum and Michael sat.

"The bed please, madam" michael spoke, making me smile before stepping to the bed, sitting carefully.

"How's life been?" Michael asked, moving to me.

"It's been okay" I shrugged out, seeing him move to me.

"Well, let's see if I can make it any better, scoot to the back of the back so I can see this knee in full action."

I did as said, and I let my back rest against the bed as Luke came beside me, watching michael loosen the brace before taking it off.

I watched his eyes focus to it.

"You've been wearing this twenty four seven?" He questioned.

"Yes, besides when I shower" I spoke, seeing his eyebrows move together.

"There's some irritation I'm not happy about, did you fall or get hit with something hard?"

Maybe me falling as my mother's feet, begging her to help me.

"Yeah, my dog knocked me down outside onto the concrete." I spoke, seeing Michael nod.

"I'm going to put you in a more bendable brace to where you can get some more mobility, but you're going to have to keep me updated on your pain levels and such"

"Okay" I spoke back, seeing him put the brace on quickly.

"Let's get to this assessment, what do you say, Dr.Hood?" Michael smiled to Calum, who stood, smiling to me.

"I say that, that's a great idea"

He listened to my heart and lungs, giving solid nods.

He took my blood pressure, writing it quickly before grabbing my pulse- which reminded me immediately if my rope burn, making me quickly my wrist from him, almost instantly making me regret my decision.

"I'm sorry- I didn't mean-" "no cal, it's not you"