A New Hope

*Three Years Ago*

Explosions. Gun fire. Screams. You stood there in shock staring at the stormtroopers destroy your planet. 'No.....no,  no this can't be happening' you think to yourself. Tears threatening to escape your eyes. "(Y/N)!!! (Y/N)!!!!", Your mother yells, her hands are on your shoulders shaking you which immediately brought you out of your daze. You look at your mother to see her face full of worry and fear. " We have to escape or else we'll end up like them!",  she says pointing at the dead bodies everywhere that used to be our friends. You nod, "Right, we need to get to the ship," You said grimly. You and your parents run towards the secret path that your dad created years ago for emergencies like this. You didn't think you'd ever have to use it, but alas, here you are. Even though you've heard many stories of the first order coming and destroying planets, you never once thought that your peaceful planet would be the next victim to such a bloodshed.

After running through the woods for what seemed like hours.....which in reality it was only a few minutes......you finally reach the ship. You swiftly hop in the pilots seat and start it up. That's when you hear the sound of a lightsaber ignite. 'so much for an easy escape' you thought,  rolling your eyes. You looked up to see who the asshole is who's blocking you and your parent's escape. Fear rushed through your body and you froze at the unexpected sight. Its......its Kylo Ren. The man feared by the whole galaxy. He's singlehandedly killed thousands! And here he is right in front of you.

All of a sudden your father reaches for his lightsaber tucked in his robe. Before jumping out of the ship to meet the menacing man dressed in black, your father looks at you and your mom with great sadness in his eyes and says, "(Y/N), Josephine, I love you. Now get your mother somewhere safe far from here, ok?" He asks looking up at you. "Alright dad... I will." You say with a few tears rolling down your cheeks. "I love you," You say back to him. But he didn't hear you. You look out and see he's already outside the ship, igniting his lightsaber ready to meet the commander of the first order. Right as you're about to fly off you hear your mother whisper "I'm sorry". Before you can intervene, your mother quickly gets out of her seat and opens the door and jumps out. She runs in front of your dad right when kylo was striking. *slash* Your blood went cold as you saw what just happened. Your mother's lifeless body falls limp to the ground. You saw a flick of deep sorrow pass through your fathers eyes, but that quickly faded. A new found shade of rage filled his eyes now. He took a slash at kylo, but his reflexes were too quick which resulted in their lightsabers clashing against one another. Your father retracts his saber and trys to go for Kylo's neck but once again is blocked. Kylo took that chance and knocked your father to the ground. He kicked his lightsaber away and took his own in both of his hands. He made sure to look up at you, to see your pain before he put his lightsaber through your father's chest. Your body immediately heats up as you feel a new found anger and hatred for this man.

"I promise mother, father....... I promise I'll kill him. I'll make him go through the pain just like I have." You say through gritted teeth,  sending the deadliest glare you can at...... Kylo.Ren.

*Present Day*

"You ready for the big day tomorrow?", Poe asks you with a concerned look on his face. "Hell yeah I'm ready," You respond,"I've been waiting for this day for three years now. "Are you sure you wanna do this? I mean going on the star killer base is pretty dangerous. You could get caught!", he says with a very worried sound to his tone. "Look Poe, if this means I can finally get back at Kylo.....then I'm sure." Silence past the two of us for a while. Then Poe breaks it by saying.."Remember (y/n), you're there for a mission. To bring down their entire base from the inside. We're counting on you for this plan to work. I know what he did to you was horrible but don't go hunting him down. We're jeopardizing a lot of our people for this." "I know Poe. I'll stay focused, I promise." You say giving a reassuring smile.

***notes***
Hey guys, thanks for reading!! So sorry this is short. I'm working on getting a cover up btw!! If you have any suggestions or something is wrong with the story, let me know!! I appreciate your opinions. :)