1 | the party

❝Lily❞

I stand against the wall in the living room of a house owned by someone I probably don't know. I was invited to a house party in a failing attempt to introduce me to the people in this neighborhood but frankly, I'm unamused and tired. So far, the only person I know is my co-worker, Jenny. She invited me here tonight, but I don't know where she is.

I sip at the remainder of my drink preparing to leave when l'm finally approached by someone. A very attractive someone.
"You look happy to be here." His voice is like a cool breeze on a hot summer day.

I smile at his remarks, "Truly thrilled,"

"These types of parties can be so boring sometimes." He chuckles, swirling his drink in its glass.

"You can say that again," I laugh. "I came here to meet people but here I am."

"You're meeting me" he replies with a shrug. He reaches over to the bar cart near my side and takes a bottle in hand. "How about we take this party somewhere fun though?"

I say nothing but rather smile and take his hand. He's leading me out the door when I look back to the party. My eyes meet Jenny's for a split second and the last thing I see is her frightened but disappointed gaze before I'm gone.

I'm not sure what I'm doing but I can tell it's something foolish.