EIGHT

˗ˏˋ CHAPTER EIGHT ˊˎ˗
o. when the truth unveils itself

After many fleeting moments of hesitation pass by, and with guilt tainting her already ruined heart, Ellie Greene finally tugs down upon the trigger of the pistol

After many fleeting moments of hesitation pass by, and with guilt tainting her already ruined heart, Ellie Greene finally tugs down upon the trigger of the pistol. The ear-shattering noise of a bang abruptly pierced through the already chaotic atmosphere in which lingers within the basement-like room, the utter deafening boom ricocheting between the walls in which entrap them. However, not a singular bullet flies from the gun in which the Greene girl clutches upon with a vice-like grip, shocking the three whom were the victims of the harrowing situation. An indefinite flood of confusion strikes her brain upon noticing that the gun had been set off, yet not even a droplet of the horrid crimson liquid, in which had become all too familiar to her on that godforsaken night, is shed. However, she soon found herself unsure what to make of the situation at hand, whether she should allow a sense of relief to seep into her heart, or to be angered that she hadn't gotten revenge upon the male who had committed wrongdoings.

Yet this battle in which rages internally within the female is soon pushed back into the very depths of her mind, as the quickly approaching footsteps of another snatch her attention away. Her frantic gaze immediately darts upward to gain a glance upon who, or what may be soon to reach them. And when her sullen eyes land upon the form of the mysterious stranger, the person who had thrown them into a pit of horror on that night, the pounding of her own rapid heartbeat utterly fills her sense of hearing.

"No! No, no, no! Get away!" The desperate, raw cries of Ashley echoes throughout the confined, the panic in which rushes through her veins seeping out with her every word. She barely takes notice of the door at the opposite side of the room opening as she merely screams, not realising that two of her friends had entered, as both her and the other two trapped teenagers are too consumed by their own terror to care.

With her survival instincts screaming within the back of her mind, Ellie rapidly raises the pistol clutched within her tight grasp to be pointed toward the masked maniac, and unlike the time Chris had been at the receiving end of the bullet, the girl does not hesitate for even a singular, mere moment. She yanks down upon the trigger cold, metal not just once, but three times in total, the desperate female needing nothing more than the horrors of that night to be bought to their end. And, if it meant forcing death upon some stranger, who was utterly the opposite of innocent, well, then so be it.

The maniac that had been wrecking complete chaos upon those who had ventured to the location of Blackwood mountain appears to be unfazed by the abrupt, yet dignified, outburst of the girl. He merely gazes down upon the spot in which the bullets were intended to puncture, shaking his head in what could be considered a condescending manner. "You don't want to shoot me, El."

Ellie winces ever so slightly upon hearing the all-too-familiar nickname, one in which had once withheld the power to bring comfort to her, yet now only furthered the pain that bubbles deep within her. However, she quickly disregards the sense of discomfort that floods her upon hearing his words, this such emotion being drowned out, as the overwhelming confusion, and terror once again takes hold of her mind. "What the actual fuck?"