Seriously Guys. I'm Begging

"So," Brent says, "It's been a few months since I started working at Bacon Mental Hospital-"
"It's Beacon," Ruvik corrects him before taking another sip of a vanilla bean Frappuccino.
"Wait, for real?" Brent's eyes go wide with shock as he sets his vanilla bean Frappuccino down on the table. "I've been saying Bacon this whole time!"
"Why would you think Bacon?" Ruvik laughs, causing the gauze around his head to begin to unravel.
"This is probably a stupid question, but is Ruvik a nickname?" Brent asks.
Ruvik blinks. The question caught him off-guard.
"I'm sorry," Brent flounders. "Should I not have said that?"
"No no, it's fine," Ruvik replies, "I just wasn't expecting it."
Ruvik pauses. "It is," he tells Brent. "A nickname, that is."
"Okay," Brent chirps, happy that he didn't ruin this perfect relationship by asking one stupid question. He was about to ask what Ruvik's real name is, but decided that he didn't want to risk everything again. They each take another sip of their Frappuccinos, happy to be in each others company.
Suddenly, the gauze unwinds, exposing Ruvik's burns and scars. Everyone stares uncomfortably. Ruvik had put the entire Starbucks on edge. But Brent didn't mind. Instead, he helps Ruvik wrap the gauze back up.
"I don't care that you're burned, but if you want to keep them wrapped up, I'll help you cover then up," Brent tells Ruvik.
Ruvik smiles, a rare thing for him. That's when Ruvik realizes that only Brent can make him smile. The only logical reason is that he is in love with Brent.
***
Brent realizes that it's been a long time since he's hung out with Eva, his girlfriend. He calls her up and asks if she wants to go to the park. She says yes, since she's missed her boyfriend so much.
At the park, they walk along the sidewalk that runs around, only having to dodge joggers.
"It's been so long since we've hung out," she squeezes his arm.
"Yeah," he replies, but there's a distance in his demeanor. And Eva notices it.
"What are you thinking about?" she asks nervously.
"Oh, nothing," Brent lies. He doesn't want to concern Eva with how much he's thinking about Ruvik.
"Who's the other girl?" Eva asks.
"What?" Brent looks confused. "There is not other girl."
"Then who are you thinking about? You're obviously thinking about someone."
"Oh. I'm just thinking about my boss."
"Your boss?!" Eva's taken aback, unsure of how to respond. She chooses anger.
"What's her name?" she growls.
"His name is Ruvik," he states, trying to not make her angrier.
"It doesn't matter! If you love him so much, then just spend all your time with him! Oh wait. You already do!"
She storms off. After a few feet, she turns back to Brent, "It's over, Brent. We're through."
And with that, Eva stormed out of Brent's life.