Day 1-Evening Practice

"Dumbass!" Kageyama said for the thirty-second time that practice to Hinata.

"Why do you always call me dumbass!?" Hinata replied angerly and pouted. 

Daichi sighed and gave Suga an exhausted look. They hadn't stopped doing that for the entirety of practice. Every free moment they got they were bickering, even more than usual. 

More shouting could be heard from the corner of the room with Tsukkishima and Yamaguchi trying to fight, then looking away, then repeat the process, and a flustered Yamaguchi.

"I thought those two never fought." Suga mused. 

"Asahi! I told you that it would be alright if you failed! I thought we were past that!" Said a frustrated Nishinoya to a deflated Asahi after one of his spikes was shut down by Tanaka and Narita with a block and Noya failed to retrieve it.  

Behind them, through the chaos, Yachi was repeatedly trying to calm herself down, and Kiyoko was trying to help her, but it seemed to be making Yachi worse. She spiraled out of control and kept repeating the same things to help her concentrate. 

"Not Yachi too!" Suga exclaimed. 

"All right everyone!" Daichi yelled. 

He didn't like the weird change in atmosphere and planned to fix it. 

"Come here, we're having a meeting. That includes the managers!"

Everyone gathered around Daichi and Suga. 

"I know Nationals is a blink away, but that doesn't mean we can be stressing! I recognize with Coach Ukai and Takeda called away to Tokyo for the rest of the week we don't have a lot of coordination and focus. But if we don't concentrate and train now, how are we ever going to beat some of the top schools in Japan? C'mon lets get back into it! Karasuno fight!"

"Karasuno fight!" Everyone else chanted with him as they raised their hands after piling them into a circle. 

The team once again scattered across the gym, this time with Yachi and Kiyoko writing down plans, Hinata and Kageyama getting happy over every quick they  successfully performed, Yamaguchi being proud of doing decent jump float serves, Asahi pounding through the second year blockers some of the time, Tsukkishima blocking it those other times and Noya being able to save the ones that were blocked. 

"Good job captain!" Suga gave him an energetic smile.  

Daichi's face flushed. He loved that smile. It made him seem more determined then the speech he just gave.  

"It wasn't that big of a deal. Just doing what I had to do!" He laughed awkwardly.

***

Unfortunately, the speech hadn't worked long. By the end of practice, everyone had been feeling like they were at the start of practice.

"Okay, everyone!" Daichi called after spiking a set from Suga. "It's getting late!" 

The team cleaned up, and everyone walked out, agitated. At least he and Suga were going to walk home together and hang out. Asahi declined his offer to come because he had some college stuff to finish.

"How are we supposed to get through an entire week of this?" Daichi muttered.

"Daichi!" Suga called. "I think I know why everyone's acting so weird!"

Daichi looked at him, relieved. He could always count on Suga when things looked like they were heading south.

"You see, I noticed some little things between certain couples of people." He put on a sly smile. "I spy with my little eye something that starts with S." He sang. 

"Is it sexual tension?" Ennoshita stuck his head out of the club room. 

"Ennoshita! You're still here?" Daichi remarked, startled. 

"Nice to know I'm remembered." He yawned. "I'll be going now."

He walked out of the room. Now knowing that they were completely alone, Suga continued.

"I saw Tsukkishima say something to Yamaguchi, Yamaguchi laughed and Tsukkishima turned a slight shade of red. I noticed Kiyoko telling Yachi something, and Yachi staring off into space while looking at her, and when she noticed she turned red. Kageyama and Hinata had finished another perfect quick, Hinata was complimenting Kageyama multiple times and Kageyama turned away, sheepish and red. And when Asashi finally punched one through, Noya pulled him down really close to his face and said something. You bet Asashi was so red and startled that he almost died."

"So you're saying that everyone's flustered not by Nationals, but by...love?" 

"Exactly! Notice how we don't seem to be any worse!" Oh, if only Suga knew... "So I say we give them a little push to make them happier!"

"But we really shouldn't be playing with their love lives."

"We aren't messing it up, it's just a little push! Our little baby crows are growing up and we need to help them fly!" 

"But isn't Asashi older than both of us-"

Suga flashed him another diabetes grin, so Diachi couldn't refuse. And that was how The List of Ties was born. 

A/N: Welcome to my first story! I'm a novice writer, but I really hope you enjoy my work! Hopefully, I'll get more skilled as time moves on :}