Day 5 - Evening

Everyone was at the top of their game. It might've just been a practice, but everyone was feeling better from the positive aura surrounding the team. Every second year except Noya was happy to see everyone else so happy, but then felt the overwhelming pain of being single. They, however, were also affected by the energy and were glad to be pumped up. 

But through the chaos, everyone but Daichi and Suga had been giving each other secret looks. 

Hinata would look at up at Kageyama with wistful big eyes and almost asked telepathically, to which Kageyama shook his head. Tsukkishima and Yamaguchi ran through a few plans with the second years and Asahi, Kiyoko and Yachi decored the back of the club room. 

Practice ended again (A/N: sorry I know this is really redundant lol) with everyone cleaning up and getting ready to leave. 

"Daichi, Suga!" Asahi called to the two. 

"Hey Asahi, what's up?" Suga asked. 

"Ah, I uh found something really cool in the clubroom! I wanted to show you guys!" He started to sweat. 

"I hope they didn't see through me." Asahi panickly thought. 

Asahi's behavior was definitely strange. There really wasn't anything to be flustered about, so why was he? The two had also taken notice that everyone else had left quite fast. They didn't even see them leave. 

They knew something was going on with the team, but were too curious to object. They shared a look and smiled, warming each other's hearts as they looked away. 

They stepped into the clubroom and were blasted with confetti. 

"THANK YOU!" Everyone chorused. 

The two wiped the confetti from their eyes and laughed.

"What's this for?" Daichi asked. 

Yachi stepped up. "Well, we were conversing about how everyone got together so suddenly, and we realized that you had a hand in it-"

"You really shouldn't mess with people's love lives though." Ennoshita poked his head out from the crowd.

They sheepishly tossed their heads aside. "N-no, wait! We're all super glad you could do this for us! And we wanted to thank you for not only the matchmaking but being a good captain and vice-captain. It was a "we're going to nationals but now we're all dating too!" party!" Yachi smiled. 

"So you guys really pulled together as a perfect team and actually set this up for us?" Daichi teased.

"Well..." Asahi hesitated.

***

"Hinata, dumbass! The streamers go on that wall!" 

"But they look better on this wall! But not as good as you!"

Kageyama blushed and left the subject.

"Is the king really getting picky about where decorations go on walls now?" Tsukkishima scoffed. 

"Hey, Tsukki! What do you think of hanging this banner here?" 

"Looks great." He muttered.

"N-Noya? A-are you sure we s-should be this high? The ladder l-looks unsafe and-"

"C'mon Asahi! Where's your sense of excitement? You gotta live a little!" 

Noya lost his balance on the ladder and toppled into Asahi's arms. Asahi almost broke into tears.

"Why can't we just have a normal team?" Ennoshita mumbled, tired and just plain sick of everyone's shit. 

***

"It went fine! It was so much fun!" Hinata bounced over with excitement dancing in his eyes.

Everyone breathed a voluntary sigh of relief. 

"Is this it though?" Daichi asked. "Cleaning this up is going to suck..." He muttered.

"Nope! We've got one last thing to do!" Noya exclaimed.

"You bros are gonna love this!" Tanaka echoed. 

He grabbed two pieces of opaque felt and tossed it around their eyes. 

"Rules!" Tanaka stated. "Don't breathe very much, don't talk, and don't resist!" 

Before they knew it, the two were getting pushed around to a spot in the room. With the shuffling of feet and murmurs that flowed through the room, it felt impossible to see what was happening. The pushing stopped, and the shuffling receded to outside the room. 

"Okay, you can take off your blindfolds now!" Tanaka yelled from a decently far away place. 

The two did as told, only to see the other looking straight into their eyes. Their faces lit up in a red tint, and both were tempted to look away, but couldn't. It was now only the two of them in the clubroom. The confetti and banner and streamers that stood bursting with energy that seemed to fade like most of the Karasuno team when they left the room. 

Daichi was the first to speak. "This-this is not what I was expecting." He laughed.

Suga gave a chuckle after him. There was a bit of awkward silence, then Suga's voice rung clear. 

"Can you believe it actually worked out though? Just a silly thought, turned into something that actually worked."

"I knew it would work. It's you after all." 

Suga turned redder if that was possible. 

More awkward silence. 

"I actually wanted to ask you somethin-"

"You know what?" Suga cutely puffed, cutting Daichi off.  "I'm done with this cat and mouse game. 

And in one swift motion, Suga softly planted his lips on Daichi's. 

"Why was that so hard? I can't believe I had to do it for you!" Suga laughed.

Daichi wasn't sure what to say. But he didn't have much time to think because everyone came bursting back into the room with a "Congratulations!"

"S-sorry." Yachi began again. "This was actually a "thank you for nationals, matchmaking and let's get you together party." 

Smiles went around in a flurry, and it couldn't have been a happier day. Asahi noticed a small note flutter down from Suga's backpack and saw the list of ties. He sighed happily, and with his own pencil, added a significant new couple to the list and crossed it off. 

Now the team had their happiness fully rebuilt. 

                                                                                            **********   

                                                                                             Epilogue 

                                                                                            **********

The next week came by, and needless to say, the team's morale had come back. Coach Ukai and Takeda came busting through the door in the middle of practice Monday afternoon and Coach Ukai announced, "Guess what,  Takeda and I are dati-"

He was stopped short by the mess of Daichi and Suga cuddling up to each other, Asahi and Noya in the middle of an embrace after a botched serve from Asahi, Tsukkishima and Yamaguchi holding hands and trying to block (much to Tsukkishima's embarrassment) and Hinata and Kageyama mid-kiss from a perfectly performed quick. 

It seemed someone beat the two to the punch. 

***

A/N: Again, thank you guys so much for reading my first story! I'm working on a few more projects here and on AO3 if that ever interests you. I hope you enjoyed! 

See Y'all later, peace.