8

Ophelia's POV:

As I sat on my porch, enjoying the late evening breeze, I frowned seeing a motorcycle coming up my driveway. As the pair of riders climbed off, I noted a male and a female. Hayley. I'd recognize her anywhere. But the male. His long legs ate up the pavement aggressively, much like his bike. I stood as they approached. "Ophelia!" Hayley called out and greeted me with a hug. "Hayley, sweet girl, you've found him." I smiled knowingly. Being a pack Elder, I knew that she had finally found her mate. "Alpha.." I greeted the man respectfully. "My name's Brantley. It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am." He introduces himself. "My name is Ophelia Tidwell. One of the elders of our pack."

After introductions were mast, Hayley asked if I could help them understand what was going on. "Come child, let me tell you of what I know." I ushered them into my home and we took our seats in the living room. "This is all new to me, until yesterday morning, I had no idea what I was." Brantley explained. "In due time, Alpha, all will be understood." I smiled softly at him. He let out a deep breath. "An Alpha is the strongest of our pack. A leader of many. It is most unusual circumstances for certain, but no less impressive. A mating of two Alphas only comes around once every couple hundred years. There are very few documented matings of two Alpha's in our history. But so it be. The two of you are more deeply connected than any two humans could ever hope to be. Bonded deep within your spirits. Until the mating bond is complete, your wolves will be restless. Hayley, you'll remain I'll sweet girl. Your Alpha's touch may temporarily ease your ailments. But they'll return with a vengeance. Brantley, you'll gradualist become more and more feral. The two of you will go mad without each other. You'll be lost to the Wilding of you don't complete the bond before the first full moon." I explained everything I knew. "How? How do we complete the bond?" Brantley asked. Hayley's cheeks went pink. I smiled at her and patted her knee. "No need to be shy now little one." I told her. "In a dance as old as time, the mating bond is only complete once you've given yourselves to each other. Physically." I explained, hoping Brantley would understand. He nodded. "Argh!" Hayley crowd out, grabbing her stomach. "Hayley!" Brantley bellowed and pulled her clean off the couch, cradling her against his chest as tight as he could. "You must hurry! I fear that the Wilding will tear her apart soon!" I told him, ushering him out of the door. "Protect her, Brantley." I begged him, pushing away the snap strands of hair stuck to Hayley's forehead. "With my life Ophelia... you have my word." He assured me. The two of them were a potent duo. The power in Brantley alone was so tangible I could taste it in the air. I could feel it swirling around him in waves. There was nothing more I could do, the rest was up to them.