a three part mini opera. part 3: dear mackaelynn

Mackaelynn would be born soon. I have no idea if I'll survive this, but I want to talk to my daughter at least once. Once Tonya was passed out from a hangover, I turned the camera on and it started recording.

"Hi, Mackaelynn. I'm Griffin. I'm your dad. One of them, actually. I don't know if I'll ever get to see you, but I need to tell you who you are. There is no one out there like you, Mackaelynn. You are the first ever child to be the biological product of two men, and you were a miracle."

I pause and wipe away a tear.

"You might be raised by my wife, Tonya. I don't really know. As of now, she doesn't know you exist. I've been telling her that I've just gotten fat, but I've been dreaming of leaving her. I would take you with me. If I left her, and I didn't make it, I don't know where you'd go. I'm trying to do the best for you."

I hesitate.

"Your other father is a man named Andrew Rannells. I met him almost a year back at Pokémon Live. He was the most handsome man I've ever seen. I don't know if I regret him, but I got you. I was chosen and I have to live
with it. I hope I'll see you soon, Mackaelynn."

Griffin dieded giving birth. His princeley parts exploded.

________________________________

I got a call from a numbwr thT i fidnt recognize at work. I asnserrwed, "Hewoo?"
"Hi, is this Tonya Smith?"
"This is she."
"Imm calling in regards to yoyr husband Griffin. It's an emergency and it's important that tou come immediately."

oh my god what the fuck is it this time
I told my boss whag happened and he let me leave the work place for the rest of the day. sweet.

I ddrovw to the hospital and get les to a room. They made me wadh my handa and handed me a ducking baby.
"What the shhit is ths?"
"You'rw husband's child. Cungrat, b. You'rw a mom now."
Grifdin and I haven't smached in 7 years. Saved me a lot of moniey on birh control. That ducking slut cheated on me and got impreagenated somehow. But he doesnmt have a veaginnsa.
"Ok where's Geiffin?"
"The patient is fead."
oh ahit. I kneaded a moment to process this. I sat down on the hospital chair and held the baby. Grifan id fead and this baby is now an orphan. Bitch. I'll be it's mom.
"Where's the birf certificat?"
They gave it to me. Grifin named this birch Mackaelynn Kiyelieghe Smith. Damn that's white as shit. I signed the birth certificate and took Mackaelynn home in a few days.

I didn't thNk I acurally cared about Grifin until he was actually gone. This kid reminded me of him. I was cleaning out our old bedruum and I found a tape. To Mackaelynn was scribbled across it in gold sharpei. classy.
I popped the tape in and I saw Griffin's face on the screen. I watched the video. I never want to see it evar agan.

This. Distusting. Man.

I never want anyone to see this video. Never.

I got my hammer and pryed the nails off one of the floorboards. I shoved the video in and covered it. It's gone now.

also i decided i like heroin
(Don't actually do heroin or any drug for that matter. Don't be a Tonya. Don't be like literally anyone in this story.)