Part 4

~YN POV~

I sat watching the only home I ever knew burn down, hearing all the screams be quieted by the roaring flames, it was... haunting.

Suddenly I heard horses trotting.

"You there boy, are you the one responsible for the fire?" A figure clad in armour a said.

I looked at him with teary eyes and shook my head side to side.

"Did you see the one responsible for the fire?" They asked me.

I shook my head side to side again because even if I told him, he wouldn't believe me.

"Little boy, where are your parents?" The person asked.

"I-I don't have any." I said in a hoarse voice.

"It's alright, you're not in trouble." The figure said taking off their helmet revealing...

"My name is Lady Kerena, I am the highest ranked Knight in our Kingdom, you will be my squire

"My name is Lady Kerena, I am the highest ranked Knight in our Kingdom, you will be my squire."  Helena stated.

"Squire?" I asked.

"Yes, seeing as you don't have a family or anywhere to go, I am taking it upon myself to care for you, you will learn how to be a knight." She explained.

She picked me up and put me on her horse.

"Now we will go and register you as an official Squire."

The ride was bumpy, I've never seen a live horse before let alone ride on one, Miss Kerena had a firm grip on me so I wasn't worried about falling off.

When we made it to the squire sign up center or SSC I noticed several men and women with children walking into a giant dome like building.

"Wow lady Kerena, never thought I'd see the day that you'd accept a Squire, so how long did he have to beg for?" A burly man laughed.

"Actually Harrison, I asked him."

"You're kidding me, several hundred kids ask you a year and each year you turn them down, what's with the sudden change of heart?"

"They just wanted the best, that's not how you judge someone's merit."

"Oh of course you'd talk about honour."

"You want to duel over it?"

"Haha! No thank you, I plan on living for a while longer." Harrison laughed before walking off.