Chapter Six

Most people saw a new day as a chance to Start a new one or continue from where they stopped or see it as an opportunity to go out and make a living.

Bunmi couldn't be more happier to see a Monday morning, seeing to the fact that she dreaded the whole weekend Jide was home, his presence kept the wandering shadow of Kemi's form locked in the house. Her constant complaint, nagging and attitude pushed her more times than not.

If she could maybe she would have found a way to lock her lips and save Bunmi's head from the migraines that climbed to a high each time she felt something was wrong, dirty or wrongly placed.

Bunmi hissed at the recollection of a memory, where Kemi had intentionally spilled her glass of water on the tiles where she had mopped.

"She's so annoying ", Bunmi confessed to no one, groaning after the end of her statement.

Looking at the clean and spotless living room, she picked up the TV remote, sat down on the cushion to enjoy her Kemi free mode mentally noting how Peace of mind was definitely underrated.

Lost in the world of spirals, the never ending rotation of hypnotic rainbow displaying on the TV, she failed to notice  a presence behind her, hulking and watching transfixed as she smiled at the animated figure hypnotized by an evil genius.

Jide wondered about her, and wondered why he was wondering about her. He shook his head, cleared his throat to relieve him of the web he was spinning in own head but this only brought Bunmi to his attention.

Feeling she was caught in a bad act, she stood up with so much speed, that she had forgotten her crossed feet, this made her fall, and hide her face in embarrassment.

Jide wouldn't lie, he found it funny but he left his face cool and walked his way up to his room, leaving her to recover from the incident that had just occurred.

As Bunmi heard his door close shut, she stood up, yet she lost her footing again, falling ungracefully to the ground, her actions invoking laughter from a being she hadn't taken note of.

Bunmi realized how stupid she must look, what she hated the most was the sound of Kemi's laughter. She buried her head in her palms afraid to look up, her body aware of the presence behind her.

"Tsk, Tsk, such a clumsy thing".

As Bunmi heard her steps fade away, she rose her head, feeling relieved, yet  embarrassed.

''He's home earlier than expected, could it be because of Kemi, or?''.
Bunmi shook her head, ''It's none of my business".

As she rose, she noticed a sharp bite around her ankle.
"Great", sarcasm highlighting every letter that made up the word.

Two hours went by and none had left the room, She was almost done setting the table for lunch seeing as Jide came back exactly 12p.m with Kemi at his right hand. The incident played in her head all over again, she was annoyed at herself for letting her mind be caught up in the drama rather than her surroundings, then her ankle wouldn't be in as much pain as it is now, Bunmi wished she could rewind and correct the instance again but this was no TV show.

She sighed and limped her way to the front of Jide's door, dreading the fact that she has to face both of them. She felt sorry for herself, she knew her head would be chewed off by a headache as soon as Kemi walked out that door to make her day take a more horrible turn.

As she rose her hands to knock on the door, A shirtless Jide opened the door, Bunmi couldn't help it, her eyes wandered and marveled at his body, sculpted beautifully, his skin looked soft irrespective of the fact that he had a built.

Waking up from her adventures, she looked at his feet "I...."? She composed herself.
"I came to call you down for lunch?", with that said she turned, walking hurriedly away from him and her growing temptations, applying so much pressure to her ankle without realizing it.

Jide watched her as she left, he wonders if she was so stupid to be walking around in obvious discomfort.

He went back into his room, grabbed a shirt and walked his way to the dining area, Where two plates were prepared on the table properly. As he sat down, Bunmi came out of the kitchen with a jug of water, confusion settling on her face.

"Where's the devil??", she looked around, raising her guard up, ready for her impromptu actions.

Bunmi realized she had said that out loud, and covered her mouth with her free hands.
"I'm sorry" though it came out muffled.

Jide had obviously heard it and no matter how hard he tried to cover it his lips twitched, the smile grew on his mouth yet again.

"She left for home a while back".

He found out Bunmi was quite captivating, so he asked himself 'Who is Bunmi? And why does she captivate him??

IT'S THE END........

OF ANOTHER CHAPTER.. 😂

    Sorry it's short, I hope you liked it.

Don't forget to hit that star button bellow...

Till next time....
     Let's learn to grow together.