Chapter 7

The week had run so fast, you'd have thought it was in a marathon. After that very Monday two months back which was full of the whole Kemi drama, things went easy, smooth and back to normal, no one saw or heard of her and Jide seemed like he was enjoying his time to himself, he was just more present in the house than expected and his eyes seemed to follow Bunmi everywhere she had been when In his sight or leaving it.

Though it was the first proper week with only Jide at home? Bunmi seemed to loosen up a bit, she didn't mind that he was there most of the time when she put on the TV to watch a movie or cartoon, she didn't mind if he came into the kitchen to assist her to do few things, he was really nice and sweet and when he had knocked on her door that Sunny Friday afternoon to invite her for a get together a friend of his was organizing, she was a bit shocked but appreciated the invite.

"so would you come?, we won't have to stay there for long, just make an appearance, have a few drinks and then be on our way back" Jide tried to sound as convincing as he could.

Bunmi looked at him, not so sure if she should accept the invitation, without processing much of what she knew was going to be her answer, "yes??..."  she blurted

Jide  nodded his head and walked out of the room trying so hard to keep his cool.
Bunmi was a really sweet, calm girl and when his mother had asked him to talk to her about making an appearance with him at his friends party, he didn't see any big deal to it, she could fit right in even if she was quite shy.

Once he had left the room she realized she had just agreed to go somewhere with him, she had just yesterday night to think things through and calm herself down, she never fancied places beyond the walls of home, and she prayed to God that she wouldn't make a mess of things once they got there.

Looking one last time at the mirror, her braided her packed in a nice donut, she adjusted her Ankara blouse which she had sewn like a wrap top, then hooked the button of her jeans before going for her sneaks, she wanted to feel comfortable on her feet as well as simple in a good way, it was an outdoor event and she didn't want to seem over dressed and under dressed so she stuck with being in the middle of things.

A knock at the door startled her train of thought.

"Ready?" Came Jide's voice through the door.

"Yes, I am", Bunmi came out startling Jide with her appearance, he seemed so shock so she had to chuckle to get his mind back. "We should get going"

"Oh yes, forgive me" he guided her out of the building to his car, unknown to them the two women sat watching the two as they drove out of the building wearing a huge smile on their faces.

The ride there was long, awkward and quiet but Bunmi decided to pay more attention to the world filled with lights outside, too occupied with the thought of meeting people she has no affiliation or connection with.

Jide glanced with his side eye, watching as she scratched her thumbs probably out of anxiety, he hadn't the words to console her, so he turned on the radio instead to kill everything going on at that very moment in the car.

He noticed how calm she became after he had done that and he sighed with relief, after a few turns he pulled up at his friends house, the gate was wide open and he could see how littered the compound was with cars, the loud sound of the music was heated throughout the building and as he packed the car, he turned to Bunmi giving her a small smile.

"Here we are, we're just gonna grab a few drinks and I'll say hi to a few people then we can leave okay?" He assured her.

"You don't have to rush back home because of me, we can stay as long as you wish to, I won't mind" she spoke up, not trying to make him miss out on the fun things his friends May be expecting him to take part of .